Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,111 Posts
What sort of price is that Rhino platform worth? Looking for something like that myself but been to scared to make inquirers because of the prices. :lol:

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
What sort of price is that Rhino platform worth? Looking for something like that myself but been to scared to make inquirers because of the prices. :lol:

Retail is $1240. I got mine on sale for $1050.

The cage version (tray) is more expensive, thinner width wise, but also a bit stronger.

Rhino do a maxtrax mount for the side. With the tray you don't need a support bracket, with the platform you do. Not a huge deal, but worth knowing.
The cage actually gives the tray a bit more support, but is obviously higher, less aero dynamic and more expensive.

For what it's worth, I have no whistling or wind noise from the platform. With the awning now however I get a little when the passenger window is down.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,111 Posts
Cheers.

I can't justify spending that much... and i guess you have to pay for racks on top of that to mount the tray to?

Might have to cough up some money soon tho.. i don't have the carport clearance to run the usual roof cage... but i want an awning. Having racks with a awning sticking out like a sore thumb looks like crap lol

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
That price includes the legs. You don't mount the platform to heavy duty bars or anything like that. The feet are attached directly to the platform.

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Like you I have the ORS systems fridge slide, half height cargo barrier, stainless steel tank and the aluminium draws. Mines two on each side unlike yours and in double runners. Cant say I have any issues farqman with it. What gripes do you have? Did you speak to Graham at ORS about it?

I was a bit miffy when Graham failed to meet his stated build times but other than that Ive found him and his business to produce a good product and to look after people.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
There is a few issues here and there. I'll try and list a few off the top of my head.

-stainless tank has a bit of rust already

-I have seen pictures where they have braces from the water tank to the third seat mounting bolts. Mine doesn't. It's just bolted to the drawer system.

-I don't like how the wings just sit there. Other drawer systems have locks to keep them in place

-I wish I had asked for a bigger bottom drawer. They don't seem to hold a lot. The faceplate of the drawer doesn't indicate how big they actually are.

-At the moment I can't put anything on top of the drawers. Need to add some securing points.

-My drawers actually differ to what was advertised. Went up and got them installed. When they were finished they bring the vehicle out and I'm like "That's not what I paid for". They then advised me they had the wrong picture up and that it was a custom one off. They gave me some cash back because of the mix up.

-I don't like that the drawers don't lock open

-Drawer top table was a good idea. But you can hear in banging around. I removed it.

-Storage on the right side wing is a bltch to get to. I just gave up using it.

-Sometimes I regret getting the water tank. I lost that space for batteries and other electricals

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Mate stainless can rust. Suggest its better to get onto that now and clean it up before it goes further.

Ill look at the bolting on mine and get back to you. I cant comment on your draw specifically I have the different setup with two side by side and then flat. Were you happy with the remedy they offered or do you have an ongoing issue with Graham on it not being the same as the pic?

I use the right side wing for storing rarely used stuff like jumper cables etcetc

I guess with the general value of the tank - its irreplaceable for me personally on extended trips in the outback where water is an issue. Theres no way I would swap that space for anything else I could put there. Keep in mind there is no such thing as a sealed car battery (they all have emergency regulation valves in them even though they some makers say theyre sealed they are not sealed) and you dont have much room there for extra AHs of significance given the lack of width. I guess ultimately its a personal thing of what you find most of use for the way you use the truck as to what to put there.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Yeah don't get me wrong. I love having the water capacity when going away. But sometimes it would be easier with a third battery in the rear.

I have no issues with Graham or ORS. It is what it is. I got a few freebies in the end so I can't really complain.
I actually went to their workshop and they installed it for me. Took about 5hours all up. A lot longer than I thought it would. I'll see if I can dig up a picture of the bracket in the next few days.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
In other news. I wasn't super happy with the rhino Foxwing brackets. Made the awning sit way to high.

Would just like to point out these brackets aren't designed for my awning.

Today I flipped the brackets and had to drill and file another hole. Clearance was tighter than a Nun.
Got it sorted in the end. Sits heaps lower and clears the doors by about 10mm.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Thank you.

The list never ends!

Right now I have heaps of bits to add, it's just trying to either find the time, or be able to pay a mechanic to do the work.

Right now I need to:

Install:
-boss tower braces
-wire up a baintech power panel on my drawers
-change a door skin on small barn door
-run 6 b&s Anderson plug to the rear bumper
-wire up a BCDC1225
-install new catch can bracket from a forum member here

Just to name a few jobs that I have parts waiting

61 - 80 of 113 Posts