Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
The BCDC1225 was mounted on a plate between the grill and radiator to keep it cool

Twin changeover relays were mounted over near the washer bottle

Solar panel mounted to my Rhino rack. Panel is an 80W Redarc panel. Secured using 6 mid mounts. Been on for a while now and still holding tight.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Had it detailed for the first time since buying it. Had 2 and a half years of dust and crap on the interior. Came up looking good inside.
Detailer used something wicked on my tyres and they looks like new again!

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Since installing the BCDC and solar setup my aux battery sits about 13.2 volts constantly. Compared to the original solenoid setup where it was only being charged to 12.6-12.8v. I only run a 40l Engel and a couple of lights, so that why I went the 80w panel. I may add another one shortly though

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
There has been allot of noise caused on this forum by a gentlemen who markets more robust passive component based systems and has been critical of DC DC charger marketing claims. I have done specific gravity measurement of my aux battery electrolyte using lab grade specific gravity tools to prove I maintain 100% SOC. Having a real time ammeter + - 100 amps on the aux bank I can see exactly whats going on but I wanted to do something to stop the BS on this. The fact is, DC DC charger claims about 100% SOC are true in most circumstances. I don't doubt passive components are bulletproof. But the redarc is encased in silicon and is dam well as reliable as any aircraft grade semiconductor gear as I've ever seen. His arguments just arent founded in fact when he disputes how multi stage DC DC charging isn't better to an alternator based approach running a constant voltage only.

Your truck looks great mate. I'm amazed your side steps are straight like that given ya go offroad.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Your truck looks great mate. I'm amazed your side steps are straight like that given ya go offroad.
Because I have 85% reduction gears I tend to go real slow. I got hung up on one of the brackets last trip on some tree roots. Gave it some right foot and got over. Was expected Ng the worse....nothing...I'm surprised!

Sliders are coming.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
There has been allot of noise caused on this forum by a gentlemen who markets more robust passive component based systems and has been critical of DC DC charger marketing claims. I have done specific gravity measurement of my aux battery electrolyte using lab grade specific gravity tools to prove I maintain 100% SOC. Having a real time ammeter + - 100 amps on the aux bank I can see exactly whats going on but I wanted to do something to stop the BS on this. The fact is, DC DC charger claims about 100% SOC are true in most circumstances. I don't doubt passive components are bulletproof. But the redarc is encased in silicon and is dam well as reliable as any aircraft grade semiconductor gear as I've ever seen. His arguments just arent founded in fact when he disputes how multi stage DC DC charging isn't better to an alternator based approach running a constant voltage only.

Who gives a toss wether it is 95% or 100% at the end of the day that equates to 2 to 3 hours extra of cold beers . Use the money you saved and buy a half decent solar setup and you wont have to worry about warm beers. Or buy one of " this gentleman's controllers" and reap the rewards of an extra 50 amps of battery power for an extra days stay.

Oh and running 2 fridges and the solar setup I have it hovers around 13.7 unless both fridges are running simultaneously. Sorry for the hi jack.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
All good. I don't get too caught up in the specifics of it. If it works how I want it too, I'm happy.
I was merely stating that there was an improvement over the solenoid, so the extra money spent is justified in my eyes. Some may disagree. I still have the solenoid under the bonnet so that can still be utilised whenever I want

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

So seems it has been about 3 years since I updated this. Spent a fair bit of coin changing and adding things the past few years.

Wheels got swapped out for -25 rims

Windows tinted, minus the rear cargo ones. Not enough space unless I removed drawers, so I just put white vinyl on there instead to cut down on light.

Diffs swapped out to 4.6 ratio. Kills me on the highway.

Front E locker fitted.

3" Straight through fitted with Tillix and Needle valve.

Pillar pod with Guages added.

Front and rear Dash cams installed.

Bolsy Sliders with skid plate.

Superior Superflex arms with new swaybar links.

Water pump fitted to water tank.

The plan is to raise it to 3" and run 315's. Has been an expensive 6 months so I will be doing it bit by bit.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Got around to installing the rest of my 3” lift.

I was too poor to just buy a superior kit, so bought it over a few months but by bit from superior and road runner offroad.

I have Superior 4” remote res shocks and mounts, standard length lowers, hybrid superflex arms, drop out cones and retainers, draglink.
I went Roadsafe panhards, because I was a bit tight as well as Roadsafe adjustable uppers. Road Runner 80 series bump kit and 5” extended brake lines.

Rear canister mounts don’t fit with my towbar, so some trimming to fit was required and mounted behind towbar so they are out of the way.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
After getting the lift installed I went and got my vehicle weighed down at the Tip.
I’m coming in a bit heavy, but not exactly surprised to be honest. Full tanks, two persons on board, but empty 60L water tank. So roughly 3.4t if that was filled.

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
679 Posts
There is a few issues here and there. I'll try and list a few off the top of my head.

-stainless tank has a bit of rust already

-I have seen pictures where they have braces from the water tank to the third seat mounting bolts. Mine doesn't. It's just bolted to the drawer system.

-I don't like how the wings just sit there. Other drawer systems have locks to keep them in place

-I wish I had asked for a bigger bottom drawer. They don't seem to hold a lot. The faceplate of the drawer doesn't indicate how big they actually are.

-At the moment I can't put anything on top of the drawers. Need to add some securing points.

-My drawers actually differ to what was advertised. Went up and got them installed. When they were finished they bring the vehicle out and I'm like "That's not what I paid for". They then advised me they had the wrong picture up and that it was a custom one off. They gave me some cash back because of the mix up.

-I don't like that the drawers don't lock open

-Drawer top table was a good idea. But you can hear in banging around. I removed it.

-Storage on the right side wing is a bltch to get to. I just gave up using it.

-Sometimes I regret getting the water tank. I lost that space for batteries and other electricals

Hey mate, understand your gripes with the design of the drawers.

After a few years are you finding the build quality is ok?
I am considering using these guys as they are local to me and seems like a fairly lightweight option (all things considered).
I don't think I'll have as many of your issues as I'll just be doing the boring old side-by-side drawers with no water tank etc
More curious about the build quality and robustness

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Hey mate, understand your gripes with the design of the drawers.

After a few years are you finding the build quality is ok?
I am considering using these guys as they are local to me and seems like a fairly lightweight option (all things considered).
I don't think I'll have as many of your issues as I'll just be doing the boring old side-by-side drawers with no water tank etc
More curious about the build quality and robustness

Cheers
Build quality has been great. I’ve had these drawers now for 4-5 years? Still look new. Had no issues with them

101 - 113 of 113 Posts