Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am new to post in this forum although hope to be more of a regular as I'll no doubt be in need of some expertise soon ;)

I bought my Y61 TB48 two door manual brand new three and a half years. Having played around with tuning on the stock ECU, headers, exhaust and intakes (seeing a max of 221whp) my car, today, is at F Performance in Dubai where they are installing their stage one turbo kit, which I bought second hand from a guy who had everything installed and removed by F Performance. For those not aware, F Performance is a very well respected garage in Dubai and the same place that built the 918 Spyder beating Patrol as seen on Top Gear.

The installation is two days in already and hopefully tomorrow or Thursday it will get tuned on their dyno and finished.

For those interested, the mod list is as follows:

Garrett GTW3884R
Intercooler
Turbo manifold and 3" exhaust with two large silencers
TIAL Dump Valve
Koyorad aluminium radiator
Engine oil cooler and catch can
Custom intake with K&N
Greddy 2mm Head Gasket
Tuning on stock ECU aiming for around 9psi

I've been told that uprated injectors aren't needed and fuel pump is a maybe, but both to be confirmed at time of dyno tuning. I am hoping for 360whp plus.

Photos below of the car packed up before heading to the shop and next photo is my stock looking Patrol at the shop.

Cheers! Will post results soon :)

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,093 Posts
Mate, this will be a very interesting subject, if you like I could move it to our 'build' section which is called members rides, the perfect place for ths. Let me know what you decide.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,093 Posts
Sure please do. Thanks!
Done, plenty of pics please, up to you but when you do, full size rather than thumbnail makes more sense if your explaining something above a pic.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The GTW range isn't one you hear used much these days. Very interested in following this thread, can't wait to see how it goes.

What's with 2 door wagons over there, I see so many in that part of the world

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Regarding suspension setup two years ago I installed KING 40mm comfort springs, ARB gearbox spacers (needed for the shorty) and BP-51 shocks but I wasn't at all happy with performance or ride quality so that has ALL been removed.

Today, I am back on stock springs and ride height but running KING 2.5" remote reservoir finned shocks with adjustable compression - and the ride is the best it has ever been. Iv'e also got the King steering stabilizer, which is incredible for desert driving. Ride is now slightly better on road and ten times better off road. In a few days I'll also be installing EBC discs and pads all round as this is a requirement by the UAE professional body (ESMA) that approves the modification of vehicles here in the UAE - specifically, TB48 Patrols with added turbos require uprated brakes (thankfully not calipers as can't afford them right now) and shocks, which I've already got.

I don't want people (particularly the police, although fully declared) to know I am running a turbo on my TB48 so I am trying to keep it looking stock from the outside.

Does anyone have any suggestions on anything else that I should do to improve the suspension without increasing the ride height or going for bigger tyres? I've tried bigger tyres and 30mm spacers... but lost power on big climbs and because of the spacers the tyres would scrape in the arches on articulation.

Any thoughts or ideas much appreciated. Cheers!

Pic below of the front setup (on King springs before I removed them...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts