Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I bought a 1986 P40 4 speed with the intention of installing my sd33t and 5 speed. Well as of now I can say it's been pretty much a great success. Engine and box have been in for about a month now and only drama has been a broken gearbox mount.. My brother had a couple of quiet days at work and gave the cab a coat of paint, was lucky and picked up a canopy for a very good price.. Well here are a few pictures:)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Few more pics, giving an iPhone app a workout:)
Painted engine bay

Fitting the long range tank

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Looks Sweet, like it came off the showroom floor, I'm painting mine a present but its taken forever to get the old layers of paint off. I think its in the too hard basket to paint the firewall without taking the donk out! Pity I don't have a brother in the trade the finish looks very good off the gun.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mate it is getting there, my brother fixed quite a few issues with the body but it's still not perfect but good enough for me. I was lucky when I had the engine out he came down and gave the engine bay a coat of paint for me too.. Inside of the doors have not been painted as there is a bit of rust I wanted to get cut out first.. Ended up swapping my bighorns for some brand new tyres and alloy mags which will be alot more suitable for the beach driving I plan on doing..

Picture of the interior, painted up my suspension seat bases and some nice sheepskin covers:)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mate i am pretty chuffed with it.

I'm pretty sure i commented this on another one of my threads but the conversion overall was not terribly difficult. Don't get me wrong without the very generous help of a good friend this conversion never would of eventuated. From the moment he arrived he got stuck right in and having a fair bit of mechanical experience helped immensely.

I should of done a lot more when the engine was out but i didn't have the time nor the available cash to get the things done that i wanted to. $500 for a new clutch killed the budget as it was..

Swapping wiring looms wasn't that difficult, more time consuming than anything else. I don't reckon you really need to label anything as it all has a place and most of the plugs are different anyway.

One of the best parts of the conversion was when she started up first go, only bled the IP and that was it, injectors were fine..:D

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Taking the motor out is dead easy. Last time took me 2 hours, and I was stuffing around a bit in between too.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Taking the motor out is dead easy. Last time took me 2 hours, and I was stuffing around a bit in between too.
he was swapping petrol for diesel, needs new engine mounts on the chassis and stuff.

it is looking good Shark, i thought this beast had some potential!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know removing an engine isn't a difficult task but try doing it with the gearbox attached:D:D
Makes it a lot more interesting..Lol

Trying to upload pics is being a pain at the moment so as soon as i can sort that out i will throw so more pics out there:)

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,306 Posts
SWEET!!! :) Nice work mate! I'm hoping to get stuck into my car too, come winter time :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm hoping to have it done by winter time, even sooner. As much as I love working on my cars I'm getting a bit over it hey.. Lol.. I just want to enjoy it now..
Dual battery setup in a galvanized tool box in the back of tray, nicely tucked away leaving my engine bay with less clutter:)

Thanks to landy for the huge power cable, it's massive.. Lol

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
Have you got some boots or some rubber to put over the terminals on the battery ? for a just in case it moves, protection!!!1

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
he was swapping petrol for diesel, needs new engine mounts on the chassis and stuff.
I was just saying because he mentioned he should've done more to the motor whilst it was out. Be insane if someone could do that sort of conversion in two hours flat! :p

I haven't tried taking mine out with the gearbox hooked up, dunno if I'm brave enough :p

Totally neglected to say that she's looking sweet as!

·
Registered
Nissan
228 Posts
Sensational effort.

God I love people who can finish what they started. I've got half done stuff all over the place.

When are you next in Melbourne?:p

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
How big is that tank you put in? looks exactly the same as mine.

Also I PM'd you back about that gear :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts