Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How ya going legends.
Na td42 ive got abit of a milky radiator cap. Is this a problem? The engine runs beautiful and i havent compression tested it yet but i wanted to know your opinion, been like this since ive had it, i just wipe it off every now an then and it goes back the same in a few weeks, doesnt get any worse though, ill attach some pictures. Let me know what you think Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
101 Posts
Time to replace the cap Im thinking....
Might not be getting a proper seal and outside air/moisture getting in there.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
444 Posts
Check the inside of the overflow.
It might have had oil in the water at some stage and was fixed without cleaning the overflow bottle out.

·
Read Only
nissan
83 Posts
How ya going legends.
Na td42 ive got abit of a milky radiator cap. Is this a problem? The engine runs beautiful and i havent compression tested it yet but i wanted to know your opinion, been like this since ive had it, i just wipe it off every now an then and it goes back the same in a few weeks, doesnt get any worse though, ill attach some pictures. Let me know what you think Cheers View attachment 514453 View attachment 514454
You have a minor oil to coolant leak, as you haven't mentioned coolant in the oil I am assuming it is a oil pressure leak. Oil pressure is higher than radiator cap pressure and the most likely area is the oil cooler element to housing gaskets. It won't get better! Best to deal with it.
Campbell

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check the inside of the overflow.
It might have had oil in the water at some stage and was fixed without cleaning the overflow bottle out.
Nothing inside the overflow mate i checked there also, just builds are over time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts