Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 3l zd30 2002
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have done full nads system on my car have blanked off the egr and removed it now I have the engine light on all the time to tell me that there is an error in the egr system dose any one know of a way to over ride this with out removing the globe it self

·
Registered
nissan gu
12 Posts
nads

Is the di or crd engine. If crd a small hole in blocking plate will fix problem. If di engine wind boost back a bit

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
It always helps us if you put up some info about your vehicle, if you go into User CP you can add info that shows up automatically in your post and we know exactly what you have.

Have you extracted the codes from the ECU? If so what exactly was/is the code and does it come straight back on when you restart the engine?.

DI's don't care about EGR being blocked, it only cares that it is connected, CRD's on the other hand have extra sensors that can pick up a lack of EGR mix and these need to be fooled, drilling a small hole (around 8mm) in the plate is one method.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi sorry its a 2002 so di I can pull error codes if this will help my boost is around 10psi at 3000rpm with a peek of 15psi if im driving hard

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
In that case we really need to get the code numbers. What can happen some times is that there can be codes there that may have sprung up years ago and never came back this makes it a bit hard to decipher a problem. The best way around this is to read the codes, take note of them and then clear them then wait and see which codes return (remembering that not all codes will trigger the engine light) so you may need to go back in a week later and have a look.

If you have some spare bucks, buy yourself an ECUTalk (supplied by one of our members, Newkleer), it is the best thing you will ever do for your DI, it reads all the info that your ECU gets and puts some of it directly onto a small screen, look in my albums (sig) for ECUtalk installation to get an idea of what it is and does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cleared all error codes about a month ago so the one in there now should be true? Do u know how much this ecutalk cost?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so this is what I pulled from the ecu

10 slow 3 quick 3 slow 1 quick then it starts all over again

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
You will have to compare that with what the Bible says on the codes, see post 2 of the DI archives, I'm not sure there would be many of us who remember that of the top of our heads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts