Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a new Patrol owner putting together a NADS shopping list. The choices/options for parts are a bit bewildering. I've popped a few options in here for the various pieces but also would like to know what other people are running.

1. Catch can

I've seen Provent recommended in a few threads:
Provent: Universal ProVent Catch Can Kit for Crankcase 12mm (1/2") Outlet Nissan Patrol 3.0L ZD30 OS-PROV-09

2. EGT & Boost Guage
Not sure what to get here. I've read the quality of some guages are questionable.

3. Exhaust
I've seen a fair few options here but not sure which one to go with.

4. Tillix Controller

5. Intercooler
Have seen this one recommended (it's fairly expensive though at $1550)

Ebay ones are significantly cheaper but I'm wondering if that's a false economy.

Is it advisable to get a bigger bonnet scoop also?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1998 Nissan Patrol Wagon RD28ETi
182 Posts
Hi all, I'm a new Patrol owner putting together a NADS shopping list. The choices/options for parts are a bit bewildering. I've popped a few options in here for the various pieces but also would like to know what other people are running.

1. Catch can

I've seen Provent recommended in a few threads:
Provent: Universal ProVent Catch Can Kit for Crankcase 12mm (1/2") Outlet Nissan Patrol 3.0L ZD30 OS-PROV-09

2. EGT & Boost Guage
Not sure what to get here. I've read the quality of some guages are questionable.

3. Exhaust
I've seen a fair few options here but not sure which one to go with.

4. Tillix Controller

5. Intercooler
Have seen this one recommended (it's fairly expensive though at $1550)

Ebay ones are significantly cheaper but I'm wondering if that's a false economy.

Is it advisable to get a bigger bonnet scoop also?

Thanks!
1. Catch can - can't comment on the ProVent. I just got an eBay cheapie ($50) and filled it with coarse steelo pot scourers then extended the inlet pipe to half - 2/3rds down so the gas filters through the steelo's.

2. Gauges: Boost, EGT and water temp is good too. I run Autometer Phantom Boost and EGT. I am also in the process of wiring in a Redarc triple gauge - oil temp and oil pressure and extra temp (can be used for oil, water or anywhere you can attach a temp probe). These are the more expensive gauges but are reliable. Some slightly cheaper brands like Saas and VDO are also quite reliable. I also run an ECUtalk which gives lots of other engine values and fault codes.

Vehicle Car Light Motor vehicle Steering part

Rectangle Font Measuring instrument Display device Auto part

3. Exhaust - Pretty much any 3 inch exhaust will do as long as it has mandrel bends. The only thing you need to decide is how loud you want your truck to sound - muffler or no muffler.

5. Intercooler - there is a thread on here about a week ago for intercoolers, read that as @OldMav has lots of knowledge on them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts