Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas just wondering if anyone has a navara? My mum wants to buy a duel cab ute and is looking at a diesel navara a rodao or a couier. Has anyone got any thoughts on what is the most reliable?

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
mate has a radao single cab, mum has a navara duel cab for work, dont no any 1 with a courer, i got told they do heads?? so i steered away from them when i was buying 4bs, i would personanly buy none of above, the navara has very little room in the back seats, the rodao has had endless probloms... oh and the rust in it now, he doesnt even 4b much, id go the navara, or look at a triton mmmm they nice to drive, mums boss has a few tritons all he will buy now so much space, power and comfort,

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,674 Posts
You mention Rodeos, I assume your either buying second hand or have mistaken the Colorado for a Rodeo. Can you clarify as there is a big difference in the last few years with Dual Cabs. Maybe mention the budget she's working to?

I have a D40 RX Navara as a work car, I hate it. 4sp auto sucks with the turbo diesel especially when the arse is light, when the power comes on you smoke'em. I also drive a R51 Pathy with the same engine and a 5sp auto, it too has its issues. They are unergonomical and uncomfortable plus servicing is rediculous, and for what your paying, as much as I hate to say it Tritons are the way to go, then DMAX, Colorado, Navara, Courier, HiLux.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,567 Posts
a few months back, 4WDA did a comparo of most duel cabs,
had a look through my stash and i cant seem to find it, or the issue..
there was a dvd with the issue about the comparo also.

I hate to say it Tritons are the way to go
i cant remember exactly, as my mind is a sive and i cant find the issue, but i think they rated the triton 6 or 7th out of 7, but i could be hugely wrong.

but what i do remember, is they found that the DMAX was far the best as an alrounder!

we have both the D40 and current model hilux's in the Emergencey Services,
and let me tell you, they are both CHIT!! (but if i had to choose, id take the D40 over the rollux) both handel very badly at high speeds!

IMHO id go for the DMAX, closely followed by the Collarado.

dont no any 1 with a courer, i got told they do heads??
yes, ive heard a few of these cases!
mate bough a new ranger at the start of 09, 67k later, in September 2010.. it did a head!
owned it since new, looked after it, serviced it more frequent then suggested by ford, these things still happen.

another one that hasnt been suggested;
the landrover defender 130 duel cab

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,874 Posts
du - A - l cab people Dual!

Duel is something you challenge someone to by slapping their face with your gloves...

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,674 Posts
I hate the car mags/papers comparisons as they do not take into account having owned the thing for a few years. ***** F0CKS UP! It will happen, but what, when and how much to fix. Navaras/Pathys have terrible build quality and it only takes a few months for them to become rattly, trust me I know from experience having had a D40 Navara and 2 R51 Pathys. Is his mother gonna take it offroad loaded up with airbags, I personally doubt it.
Whats your dealer services going to be for a DMAX to keep it in warranty. Where would you get is serviced, as Isuzu is not a common brand whats the resale going to be like, need a second hand part 5 years down the track where you gonna get it from???

·
Registered
nissan patrol
23 Posts
What the hell have you people been doing with your Navaras?

I was in the market for a dual cab last year, tested all of them and the Navara was waaaay ahead of the rest for unroad ride and comfort. The only one that feels like a car rather than a workhorse.

They all have crap build quality compared modern passenger cars, what do you expect? I didn't like the diesel and got the petrol maybe that's why it hasn't had problems like a lot of others, it seems to be the early d40s that had a lot of ergonomic and reliability dramas I certainly haven't. Mine gets driven hard and abused and I've been happy.
I killed my brakes in 20k of driving so I'd love to know what everyone else has been doing.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
whats been pissing off the D40 guys is nissan claims brake wear is not a warranty item ie you have to pay for the new rotors and pads even when under warranty :(
a lot of guys fit aftermarket pads and rotors. problem solved.

funny enough the D22 doesn't have that problem.

·
Registered
nissan
92 Posts
Difference between a euro made car and a jap made car. The D22 uses quality jap steel for brakes and the euro D40 uses the soft as material to reduce noise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts