Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,734 Posts
How's his prices mate?
I’d say they are fair for the service you receive, saying that everyone’s idea of fair can be different.

In my experience with them I’ve found Paul to be a straight shooter when it comes to getting work done and always been very helpful when I’ve made the occasional phone call to ask a question regarding an outcome while modifiying my own car.

Most recent experience was when I threw a power steering belt one morning on my way to work. (Chippy and use the car daily) I rang him and explained the situation. I ended up driving to his shop to fit me in between jobs. 3 hours later I had all new genuine belts and was back on the road just after lunch. All up I think it cost me $250.00.

At the end of the day if reliable service costs a little more in the end, I’d prefer to pay that for peace of mind knowing I’ll have a positive experience and outcome when I return to pick the car up.

Give Paul the owner a call and have a chat, I doubt you’ll be disappointed given your past experience with other well known shops.

·
Registered
1988 Maverick TD42,
264 Posts
While the guys at patrolapart have been really helpful in the past. Had a new pump installed and they forgot to reconnect the water sensor in the fuel filter and also put the boost bleed valve back on backwards... i expected a bit better from them.

·
Premium Member
2009 GU
346 Posts
While the guys at patrolapart have been really helpful in the past. Had a new pump installed and they forgot to reconnect the water sensor in the fuel filter and also put the boost bleed valve back on backwards... i expected a bit better from them.
That's real ordinary mate, did you contact them when you found out? If you did what was their response?

·
Registered
1988 Maverick TD42,
264 Posts
That's real ordinary mate, did you contact them when you found out? If you did what was their response?
Not yet. I'm not the type to complain about service, I just go elsewhere.
Also the high flow water pumps they were selling failed after 8 months, and is apparently a known issue. They only had 3 months warranty on them. Very annoying.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
99 Posts
if doing pump I would do a lift pump and the spill mod at same time.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts