Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i need a mechanic to do hub swivel kit on the gu before friday.

Is anyone available ???

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I had more time on my hands I would be up there in no time :).. Got a house booked on fraser from 31st and I need to get this sorted before then.

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
if it was next year u would of been ok im moving to bundaberg in june july lol

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
about 6 hrs to do both sides if done properly or can do half a job and replace seal but thats a waste of time cos the oil washes all the grease out of bearings etc

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Garage job, not overly hard. Do you have a manual? You doing both sides or just the one that is leaking? It depends how good you are on the tools, it is relatively easy job but in saying that I am a mechanic.

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny story. Last week I took it to a place on Gold Coast to get the seal replaced and they did the wrong side (left) even though the right hand side was covered in oil and the left was dry. Yesterday in the garage pool of oil around the wheel. If I dont find a mechanic by wednesday I gues Il have to get my hands dirty. :-(

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
first try to get em to do the right hand side, they should legally have to I think, that way it's 2 sides for the price of 1!! Bargain if you ask me!

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Have you got the kit mate? If you get the kit I can come around and give you a hand to fit it if you want. Will be able to do it on either tue or wed. A carton isnt that expensive either ;).

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
its only a bit of oil just do it when ya get back haha
na if its only an axle seal they are pretty easy to do. just messy.
but there is normally a reason they go, weather it be worn king pin bearings or incorrectly shimmed who knows but there is normally a reason. specially on a gu. my gq had 270000km and 19 years old before the first seal went.

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont have the kit, Im trying to get one I think the earliest will be wednesday. The right hand side did receive impact damage in an accidnet bending the panhard rod and arm. I will pull it apart tomorrow to see how it all looks and check out the king pins..

·
Registered
nissan
29 Posts
Hey Grubbie, let me know when you set up in Bundy, since moving from Townsville to Hervey Bay having trouble finding good help, send me a message or email

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just bought the kit from repco $200 on special. Wish me luck i hope my housing is not bent

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
Hey Grubbie, let me know when you set up in Bundy, since moving from Townsville to Hervey Bay having trouble finding good help, send me a message or email
hey pommy when did u move down and did u move urself or get a removealist

1 - 19 of 19 Posts