Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, my old mans car is throwing a "turbo code" as said from my "USELESS" Nissan dealership, its all they can tell us

We have it set up with a Dawse Valve and boost set to 17PSI max, but its still chuck the code

Can anyone please tell me how we can pin point what the issue could be, we have tried just about everything to sort it, but it still come up with this same code

Cheers Matt

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,346 Posts
Hey Matt,

At what rpm is it hitting 17psi? If it's below 3000rpm, it may be overboosting. Try setting the Dawes valve to 15psi below 3000rpm.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
Does it go into limp mode Matt or is just throwing a code?

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chaz, what gear should he be doing it in, as load affect boost as you know, what did you do?

Its not going to limp home, its just getting a code

Its a 2002 series 3 wagon

Any help is great guys

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nissan cant tell my old man the code number for some reason, maybe cause they dont know how to read it knowing my local dealer!

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,614 Posts
Nissan cant tell my old man the code number for some reason, maybe cause they dont know how to read it knowing my local dealer!
That is just ridiculous, how do they know it is a turbo code?

How to extract codes without ECUtalk software:
Key ON,
Use jumper cable between CHK and IGN terminals on DLC conector (Consult port LH corner bottom row 2 next to each other from left) wait 2 secs after light goes off than disconnect jumper wire. Bridge the connectors again to switch in to Diag II mode wait 2 secs again than remove jumper wire, check lamp should be flashing now.
long flash means "tens" short flash means single digit. Each multiple code is separated by a longer pause around 2 secs. Code 55 means no errors.

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,346 Posts
Chaz, what gear should he be doing it in, as load affect boost as you know, what did you do?

Its not going to limp home, its just getting a code

Its a 2002 series 3 wagon

Any help is great guys
It shouldn’t matter what gear it’s in. If you can get it to 17psi under 3000rpm for more than a few seconds, there’s a good chance the boost sensor is throwing the code, but it will usually put the car into limp mode and you’ll loose power until you lift off the throttle. I would try 2nd gear on a slight hill at about ½ throttle.

If you’re not loosing power or going into limp mode, that may not be the problem.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
As per Chaz, you may have the boost set to 17psi, but is it boosting/spooling too fast?

Is there a pinched vacuume hose thus causing it to spool too fast?

Do you have a needle valve fitted as well?

I had this in the past when the vehicle was first driven in the morning & afternoon and I identified it as the accelerator switch (TPS?), I disconnected it & sprayed contact cleaner onto it, reconnected it and the problem went away. It felt like overboost, but it was not.
No codes were recorded as well.

I think Nissan want to sell your old man a new turbo :mad:

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nissan wont be selling him anything, ive already given them a tune up about it, ill try find someone better to read the code for him, see if we can atleast get a number to work from, but ill give the TPS a try thanks Paul

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Buy an ECUTalk (either dashtop *reccomended* or software/cable) today and it will arrive tomorrow, I **** you not.

Dont need to pay labour to anyone every again.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
matt and me have real motors,:iconbana: not this computerized rubbish.

if i want something that runs computers instead of diesel. . . ill buy another discovery.
You might want to correct this statement. I believe things have changed (yes)?.
or did you buy another????

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,614 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
You don't need ECU talk. As said above and it is also contained in the reference document, it is as simple as shorting two pins in an unused plug under the dash and then count the number of flashes of the check engine light to get the code. You could go do it now and would take you no more than 2 minutes to be back here and post up the fault code.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
You don't need ECU talk. As said above and it is also contained in the reference document, it is as simple as shorting two pins in an unused plug under the dash and then count the number of flashes of the check engine light to get the code. You could go do it now and would take you no more than 2 minutes to be back here and post up the fault code.
Its not the only thing ECUTalk does.....

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I understand Rotor, but its my Father that has to do it, not i, lol, he has to learn, so im forcing him to do things on his own!

Thanks for your help guys, ill get him on his way, and hope he sorts it soon, he has my boost gauge(portable digital test unit) in his car, so hes keeping an eye on it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts