Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, fairly new here, I have a 1992 4.2 Gq, currently I can't for the life of me figure out why the cigarette lighter isn't working, I have checked the fuse under the steering wheel and its fine, could there be a fuse under the bonnet that also affects the 12v cigarette lighter ? Or possibly a burnt out lighter assembly ?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
How have you determined that it’s not working? Have you checked the wire at the back of the socket with a multi meter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
1,761 Posts
Mine hasn't worked since I bought the GQ 10yrs ago I don't smoke so left it and fitted 3 Narva 12v sockets and dual usb outlets down the side of the console with heavier wire than the factory stuff. I also fitted a merit socket on the bottom right for the Waeco console fridge it all suits my needs.
Unless you really want the lighter socket working I would run heavier wire like twin core 5mm or 6mm off the battery with a fuse.
20180805_151407.jpg

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Mine hasn't worked since I bought the GQ 10yrs ago I don't smoke so left it and fitted 3 Narva 12v sockets and dual usb outlets down the side of the console with heavier wire than the factory stuff. I also fitted a merit socket on the bottom right for the Waeco console fridge it all suits my needs.
Unless you really want the lighter socket working I would run heavier wire like twin core 5mm or 6mm off the battery with a fuse.
View attachment 522130
Yeah, I pulled the lighter socket out and installed a Narva twin USB outlet in there.
Batts, I like what you’ve done with the ashtray, mines still there but it’s a waste of space! I might do what you have done there.
Just curious, what is that blue jigga you’ve got there under the radio? Is it some sort of Chinese uhf?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
1,761 Posts
Yeah I only kept coins in the ash tray, was looking for somewhere to put a voltmeter for the starter battery, uhf handpiece. The alloy chequre plate I used screws into the ashtray screw holes.

Blue thing is a cheap 20amp solar regulator from Vicoffroad it works really good. Supplies power from a permanent mounted 110w panel to the starter battery a 105ah supercharge allrounder the console fridge runs off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts