Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo im wanting to get a wagon as a tourer/ daily as the ute is getting a little serious and i want a tidy car. Im looking at a factory t wagon that i could probably get for 17k, tidy as looks brand new has 325k but. Other choice is a tb48, theres alot around for under 15k that are tidy as with under 200k. Only thing scaring me with the 48 is the fuel bill. Then i had an idea, what if i put the td42 out of the ute into the wagon and the tb48 into the ute, i have had a search but cant find anything on this conversion. Someone tell me what to do i cant decide haha

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,264 Posts
You might find that a cab swap is easier

·
Registered
739 Posts
I like your idea, from memory the engine mouting point to the chassis are the same. I remember Tye doing this to his old ute and him telling me that the conversion was easy.

the only painful thing i can think of would be pulling the dash to get the loom out.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like your idea, from memory the engine mouting point to the chassis are the same. I remember Tye doing this to his old ute and him telling me that the conversion was easy.

the only painful thing i can think of would be pulling the dash to get the loom out.

Yea i am pretty certain they have the same engine mounts. Thats about all i know but haha

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,264 Posts
I once got told by (think it was) Patrol-a-part that the gearbox crossmember mounts had to be relocated for the TB48-TD42 conversion

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I once got told by (think it was) Patrol-a-part that the gearbox crossmember mounts had to be relocated for the TB48-TD42 conversion

Yea right. I will go have a looksy under my mates 4.8 and see what the go is

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like its going to be a fairly straight forward conversion. Looks like I'm getting a 4.8 wagon :p now to find one!

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Gearbox crossmember mounts same, you could even leave the box in and swap the bellhousing, the gear ratios are ever so slightly different, 48 ones a bit better, but not enough to worry about. Know heaps of people running 48's on TD/ZD boxes (same ratios)

Like a said dude nuts and bolts just lots of em.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gearbox crossmember mounts same, you could even leave the box in and swap the bellhousing, the gear ratios are ever so slightly different, 48 ones a bit better, but not enough to worry about. Know heaps of people running 48's on TD/ZD boxes (same ratios)

Like a said dude nuts and bolts just lots of em.

Nice nice, I'm getting excited haha. Ahh well im prepaired to have them of the road for abit, i have a work ute i can drive around while i do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts