Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there people, im looking at buying a new tv but dont know where to start. I need info on lcd vs. plasma, what hertz are and how do they affect picture, is 1080 the best in digital etc. As an uneducated buyer I want as much info as possible as i watched the AFL grand final on a mates you beaut wiz bang telly and on the fast panning shots the backround pixilated and it really gave me the ****es and if im spending big bucks i dont want to end up with something like that. Any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
Football is best watched on a Black and White television with a broken speaker and tube

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Hey mate, I work at Harvey norman. I brought a 50 inch plasma October 2009. It really depends on how big ya wanna go an what ya doin with it. Mine is a panasonic 50" s10 I think it is. Every told me plasmas are a piece of ***** to play playstation/xbox games on an they look shocking, not the case. Everyone has a different opinion about the 2. I think LCD/LED are over priced an should be alot cheaper then they are, apparently plasma is old technology an will be removed in the next 5 years. Doubt it as they make a **** load of money off em. Bloody amazing picture an I don't think it's more then 100hertz. Some of the new ones are 200hertz I think. I have a 26" LCD pc monitor that preforms much the same, samsung. I could of gone 2 models higher then mine for another $900 cost, but didn't see the need. Paid $1899+ext warranty( that was $400 below cost back then). You should be able to pick up a 50" plasma for about $1600 now days, if not less. Don't keep up with prices as I worked in computers now working in flooring.

Only panel I would ever buy would be a panasonic. Sony are over priced an look like ass. LG make white good an can't even get that right. Samsung are only good for LCD. Sharp are a knock off an the others are all japanese ****.

There is a big difference between tv signal an DVD/bluray/HDMI. Best bet would be to watch a live game (not gonna happen anytime soon tho) instore, I know harveys in sa put the football on if it is on.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts