Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys him looking at buying a 1999 GU DX COIL CAB with a td42, they guy has said there is a Miss fire when starting and it is worse on cold morning but comes good when the car warms up or you start driving. He believes it’s the glow plug system but others have said may be the injector pump, what are all your thought??
Cheers

·
Registered
2001 GU ST TD42t coil cab (gold)
4,060 Posts
Hi guys him looking at buying a 1999 GU DX COIL CAB with a td42, they guy has said there is a Miss fire when starting and it is worse on cold morning but comes good when the car warms up or you start driving. He believes it’s the glow plug system but others have said may be the injector pump, what are all your thought??
Cheers
My advise (besides what I put in the first thread I read) is don't post/start the same thread in 3 different sections or you will likely piss off the moderators, or at least annoy them a little. @geeyoutoo

·
Registered
nissan
6,182 Posts
Those symptoms also match a diesel that has been hydrolocked and bent a rod. When it first starts it only runs on 5 cylinders due to low compression in the dead cylinder. As the combustion chamber warms up with continued compression of the incoming charge the dead cylinder starts to fire and the idle smooths out and it feels fine on light to medium throttle but full throttle still feels a rough and the engine is down on power.

Get a compression test done.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,204 Posts
My advise (besides what I put in the first thread I read) is don't post/start the same thread in 3 different sections or you will likely piss off the moderators, or at least annoy them a little. @geeyoutoo
Absolbloodylutely, nothing confuses the hell out of members than 2 and now 3 threads on the same thing, other 2 deleted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts