Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BATTLE AXE
nissan
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Unfortunatly i'm in the market for a new (secound hand) patrol, I will be stepping out of a NA 4.2 diesel GQ manual and have been looking around and can't believe the prices of 4.5 petrol GU's.

As my GQ is 6" lift running 33's what's the fuel consumption difference going to be compared to a 2" lifted petrol (does auto or manual make much difference) Gu.
Currently getting around 500 - 550km's out of the stock tank.

I've searched a fair bit about these engines and am happy with there rep for reliability and power (compared to mine it should be a rocket) just a little worried about the fuel usage.

The mrs is scared about LPG so that's a def no go - i realise this maybe the biggest let down for me.

The GU will only be doing light - medium off roading (have GQ bush basher now) and will be towing my camper trailer (roughly 1200kg's) around, mainly beach work - no long distance stuff on the horizan.

Really appreaciate any help on this as is pretty much a cross roads.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Your economy will be much worse with Petrol, just ignore the missus and go LPG. Tell her it will cost double to run on Petrol V LPG. 20/100 isnt uncommon from other 4.5 threads. V anythign from 10/100 - 20/100 on NA diesel

As for 6in V 2in, on my GQ when I went up in lift, the fuel changed a noticeable amount. I dont really measure klm/l - when it needs juice I fill it up

Several threads listing fuel economy on the 4.5. You wont regret the change, but your wallet will.

·
BATTLE AXE
nissan
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This maybe a really dumb thing to say but was kind of hopeing that the stupidly high 6"lift GQ dropping back to a 2" lift GU may take most of the sting out of the "bad" fuel consumption.

An example has taken my eye - 99 4.5 auto TI for $18 000 in VERY good order (well from the pics and write up anyways) with factory lockers (did they come factory with rear AND FRONT lockers?) 140 000k's on the ODO.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
This maybe a really dumb thing to say but was kind of hopeing that the stupidly high 6"lift GQ dropping back to a 2" lift GU may take most of the sting out of the "bad" fuel consumption..
not that much. no

1 - 4 of 4 Posts