Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am new to this forum.

So here are a couple of things i would want to get done on my 2011 patrol LE 400HP

1.Exhaust (Borla probably since i love the sound of borla exhaust) any place where i could buy it off from and with installation obviously.
I am particularly looking for the american sound (if possible)
(i went to fox exhaust,the person said american type sound which even the range rovers can make if tuned,the patrol can NEVER have the american sound,altought he gave me a quotation of aroun 5000 DHS for normal exhaust which would make the noise which locals like that too at higher RPM) <something that i'm not really looking for>.

2.Change the colour of the rims to glossy black (No Matt finish) any other suggestions ? and where i could get it done from like a cheap and good place & how much would it be for all the 5 tyres?

3.Spacers (just for the look,don't care about the handling)

4.Air intake (Short ram intake K&N) do they make it,who does it and any better companies,which one would you guys suggest? and what would be the price ?

5.ECU/CHIP TUNING-whats the price range of this approximately and which is a good place where if after getting the ecu done would i feel any changes (looking for WHP increase ) & obviously i should be able to see some difference.

Please help me out since you guys have a lot of knowledge about patrols :)

Staying in Dubai

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Exhaust go for Borla but make sure you irder u der QX56 2012 as the other dont fit the Patrol

I painted my wheels at Nissan. I did my rims in Galaxy black II. This is standard Y62 Nissan Patrol black with a touch of silver in it. It also looks a little matt so it quite a good color to use. I paid 100 usd a wheel including cleaning, tyre remove x5 and then balancing. I continued then paint the calipers in Silver standard Nissan Patrol silver from Y62 range.

Spacers: Not sure on this but any good machine shop could make them in Al Quos or Alweer. I use to use Weir in JAFZ in UAE to build custom bespoke parts for my Patrols.

Air ram intake is available on line in USA just google under QX56 2012. There about 200 usd and up.

Chip. Lots of ECU programs for QX56 in states as again google can help you track down what you need. Try to get the RPM limiter expanded and speed sensor removed.

I would also get the upgraded injectors, fuel pump ugrade, cams if you do the piggy back. I get most of my parts from US and SubZero motorsport in UAE. As for tune programs I am only using the US as they know this engine for years and 320 version has been kicking around for years. The 400hp programs are out and there is no diffrence in QX56 to Y62. You see a little diffrence on rolling road due to wheel size is diffrent but shouldnt be alot.

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i just spoketo this guy from ChipCentric which is located in Al Quoz Ind Area.
And he gave me a quotation of 2500 DHS for ecu remapping and also removing the rpm limiter,but he mentioned that changing the gear ratio is not neded and he also said that there would be an increase of 48HP at the engine and 55NM of Tourque so he's like approx 25-30 Wheel power increase. what would you guys suggest.

I also spoke to Dubike racing and they have asked me to come to their place to have a look and get a better undertanding of what they have to offer,going there in 45 mins.

Akewalaram, i tried calling Al Kerbash on 04-3336934,but the number is not in use anymore.

what is the price of ecu remapping generally ?

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i spoke to borla they have an exhaust for infinit qx56 but even if i do get it, it wont fit the nissan patrol. so no point getting it.

I honestly don't find a point spending 1700+ on just painting the rims.

The chip Centric guy told me dont change the whole air intake system just put a new k & N Filter only and keep the original piping,since he was like the patrol air intake system is good and even if you change it won make a difference. So i guess i'll just get the air intake without the piping

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Exhaust are sure gave him the correct year. I post up a contact email for you for people who I dealt with in US.

Painting: You know what say if pay peanuts you get monkeys. 100 usd a wheel is cheap as the prep work for perfect finish takes a bit of time and its show some respect to painter that you value his trade skill and advice. Also the bolt holes are so deep its takes extra time blowing it in. Its up to you I guess but its not done correctly it look like a shed.

If you not doing anything to internals then don't even bother to change the OEM filter. You gain very little. If were to do a stage II heads like I've done then maybe.

·
Registered
Nissan
155 Posts
Sachin I know a good place that you can paint your rims from. It will be 1000dhs for all wheels with any colour choice. Its located behind Gargash Mercedes Benz on SZR and its called APEX Touch. They do great paint work.

Exhaust just wait as Borla are redesigning the QX56 exhaust to make it fit for our cars aswell.

Tuning there are MANY places to tune the car in Dubai.. It's all up to you where you want to tune it, my friends have tuned from chipcentric, karbash, dubike and jabar khoory's garage and forced induction. All different tuners and all have shown different gains. I personally feel it isn't safe to open the RPM limiter so I would go for a tune which keeps the stock RPM limiter at the current limit.

Spacers contact my friend Suraj at Silver Star Tyre Trading - 050-5055919 they offer spacers in sizes from 20-35mm for our car. I went for 30mm spacers all wheels. They will cost you 1,900dhs.

·
Registered
nissan
79 Posts
Akewalram,

I may contact you in a few weeks. Planning on panting my wheels gunmetal. I'm getting a 2013 black Patrol.

Will also foil all the chrome trim (around windows + side vents + fog lamp).
I also want to smoke the rear break lights and bottom reflectors.

·
Registered
Nissan
155 Posts
Akewalram,

I may contact you in a few weeks. Planning on panting my wheels gunmetal. I'm getting a 2013 black Patrol.

Will also foil all the chrome trim (around windows + side vents + fog lamp).
I also want to smoke the rear break lights and bottom reflectors.
I'll be happy to help you with all of this. Contact me via PM whenever you need too.

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey guys,
Just got wheel spacers installed from Silver star Tyre Trading
Back tyres 30mm and front tyres 25mm.
Didnt take more than 15 Mins to install them which was done in house as well.

Next Step Colouring the rims to glossy black,Already spoke to this 1 garage in Aweer/Ras Al Khor Ind Area and he quoted me 650 for all 5 Tyres so getting that done as well.
Also changing the brake pads since the originals were never good,so im thinking of putting some other brand or should i go with original brake pads from nissan ?
what do you guys suggest (just want to change the pads and not the brake Disks)

Akewalram your replies really helped a lot bro

Appreciate it :)

·
Registered
Nissan
155 Posts
hey guys,
Just got wheel spacers installed from Silver star Tyre Trading
Back tyres 30mm and front tyres 25mm.
Didnt take more than 15 Mins to install them which was done in house as well.

Next Step Colouring the rims to glossy black,Already spoke to this 1 garage in Aweer/Ras Al Khor Ind Area and he quoted me 650 for all 5 Tyres so getting that done as well.
Also changing the brake pads since the originals were never good,so im thinking of putting some other brand or should i go with original brake pads from nissan ?
what do you guys suggest (just want to change the pads and not the brake Disks)

Akewalram your replies really helped a lot bro

Appreciate it :)
Stick to Nissan brake pads only.. I was looking into and had ordered an upgraded brake kit but in the end realized it wasn't worth the money.

Paint your rims glossy black, in the future you can do a lot more with the car like black out all the chrome to glossy black as well and that would look great.

How does the car feel with the spacers? Personally I think spacers should be the first mod on any car, the car looks better and more importantly in a car of this size, the car handles SO much better.

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i shall stick to the normal brake pads,yeah getting the rims painted,altough i dont plan on getting the chrome things on my car blacked out,as i feel that the chrome makes it look bettet

the cars handling has improved a lot and i have felt the difference during turns and also during high speed turns.
But im thinking of going back to the place and also get my front spacera to 30 mm
what do you suggest?
Since it obviously looks much better with the 30mm spacers at the front too,when i was at the shop i asked the guy to put both 30mm and 25 mm.somehow i went with the 25mm.
But i think im gonna go back tomorrow and get the 30 mm front as well it gives the aggressive look at the front too
suggestions please :)

·
Registered
Nissan
155 Posts
Yeah i shall stick to the normal brake pads,yeah getting the rims painted,altough i dont plan on getting the chrome things on my car blacked out,as i feel that the chrome makes it look bettet

the cars handling has improved a lot and i have felt the difference during turns and also during high speed turns.
But im thinking of going back to the place and also get my front spacera to 30 mm
what do you suggest?
Since it obviously looks much better with the 30mm spacers at the front too,when i was at the shop i asked the guy to put both 30mm and 25 mm.somehow i went with the 25mm.
But i think im gonna go back tomorrow and get the 30 mm front as well it gives the aggressive look at the front too
suggestions please :)
Go for 30mm front aswell. My friend has 30mm all on his and it looks good. It won't make a huge difference since its just 5mm.

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha bro i went in the morning to get the front part 30mm as well,
And yeah it looks very good now, giving my car for around 2 weeks to nissan for the front and rear bumper ro be re-painted.
Once i have the car back i'll get the rims painted.
Hopefully till then borla comes up with the exhaust of nissan.

On a very separate note,
i want a deep exhaust note like the american exhausts, so do you guys think that the patrol can make that exhaust note like even when the car is at idle ?
Like even if im not giving the car gas when its normal would the exhaust noise be there (Since thats what im exactly looking for & the FOX EXHAUST people told me its impossible for nissan patrols to make that noise)

But anyhow how do we come to know about the borla exhaust for patrols or any1 in the forum have tried to contact them ? DETAILS PLEASE

Sorry about such a big message (Really excited to get an borla exhaust so thats why :p)

·
Registered
Nissan
155 Posts
haha bro i went in the morning to get the front part 30mm as well,
And yeah it looks very good now, giving my car for around 2 weeks to nissan for the front and rear bumper ro be re-painted.
Once i have the car back i'll get the rims painted.
Hopefully till then borla comes up with the exhaust of nissan.

On a very separate note,
i want a deep exhaust note like the american exhausts, so do you guys think that the patrol can make that exhaust note like even when the car is at idle ?
Like even if im not giving the car gas when its normal would the exhaust noise be there (Since thats what im exactly looking for & the FOX EXHAUST people told me its impossible for nissan patrols to make that noise)

But anyhow how do we come to know about the borla exhaust for patrols or any1 in the forum have tried to contact them ? DETAILS PLEASE

Sorry about such a big message (Really excited to get an borla exhaust so thats why :p)
Why are you having it repainted from Nissan? They will charge you a bomb.

You won't get a 100% exact exhaust note but you can get something similar with Doug Thorley headers and a Y-Pipe with a good combination catback exhaust.. Just wait a few days a friend of mine in U.S.A has the borla on his Infiniti QX56 he will send me a video clip of the exhaust soon and I shall post it here..

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got the police paper since someone had scratched both the bumpers,so i have to pay 750 dhs and the insurance company will pay the rest.

The Link that you posted about the patrol exhaust is just what i have in mind altough its just a little too loud and i'll probably get a fine everyday :p
But the sound is amazing.

Yeah i think i should wait for borla exhaust,Since im quite sure they will make something very good for the patrol.

Please post the Link as soon as you get the video :)

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So just gave my car to a local garage for both the front and the rear bumber re-painting and also getting all the 5 rims coloured in matt black.

i had also forgotten earlier that i would also like to change the sound system of the car,altough the sound system is decent but i guess its not even bose.

Altough im thinking if i could put the speakers in place of the old speakers (Dont want to block an space and spoil the look of the car)

The brands i've had in mind is kenwood and pioneer but these speakers dont provide sound which is here even in the normal stock patrol.
Is it possible if i could just change the 4 speakers and get better sound quality or do i have to buy amps and stuff and put more speakers in the rear.

The Infiniti qx56 (same as the y62) has a 13 speakers bose system with spaces allocated in the rear back door as well so can i get done with something similiar to that?

And what are the good places where i could get it done from (no satwa and deira shops),where those guys would actually understand the car and what size/type of speakers are necesary

Need your suggestions guys :)

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Btw i just got a reply from borla as well,and they have old me that the borla system is already there in dubai and is under testing and once it has been approved we could buy it off from 1 single sole distributer in the beggining.

Didnt get the bumpers painted from nissan,Since those people told me that i would keep the car with them for atleast 3 weeks. So Didnt see a point keeping it with them.

Btw there is this shop in abudhabi which does the interior for Nissan patrol and they do a dual tone leather jobe like dark blue and cream (which looks sick) and they have also installed this star line headliner which is there in the rolls royce ghost (Similiar to that but with blue LED's) and it looks sick with dark blue carpetting as well. And also he seats are sicked in sark blue leather with Hamman and mansory type cross stiching.

I'll post the links to those pictures soon :) , i think all of us should get that interior mod done,it makes the car look Amazing from inside

·
Registered
Nissan
155 Posts
Btw i just got a reply from borla as well,and they have old me that the borla system is already there in dubai and is under testing and once it has been approved we could buy it off from 1 single sole distributer in the beggining.

Didnt get the bumpers painted from nissan,Since those people told me that i would keep the car with them for atleast 3 weeks. So Didnt see a point keeping it with them.

Btw there is this shop in abudhabi which does the interior for Nissan patrol and they do a dual tone leather jobe like dark blue and cream (which looks sick) and they have also installed this star line headliner which is there in the rolls royce ghost (Similiar to that but with blue LED's) and it looks sick with dark blue carpetting as well. And also he seats are sicked in sark blue leather with Hamman and mansory type cross stiching.

I'll post the links to those pictures soon :) , i think all of us should get that interior mod done,it makes the car look Amazing from inside
Thats my friends car, Ali, he just got the Borla installed with me yesterday! His car sounds amazing mashalla. The tone is perfect, nice grunt and not too loud. Will post videos soon!

Show the pictures of the interior I'm really eager to see what the did! Sounds really good.

·
Registered
Nissan
8 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but when you guys talk about spacers, are these for raising suspension or pushing the Rims out of the body? How does it affect handling?

Q2: Whats the max Tyre width we can use with the 2010 LE (Stock = 270/60/R20). I want 330/50/R20 but 305/55/R20 would be a compromise...

thank you experts!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts