Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Yes, even up to neg 15 with a smaller tyre will be 100% legal as track is ok and no tyres outside guards.
Zero is fine. I've had zero on most of my patrols

Registered
nissan
even up to neg 15
I've read a lot of discussion on this before and the consensus was that 12.5mm a side was the maximum increase allowed. Most stock wheels are +10mm but some factory mags were 0mm which allowed a max of -12.5mm however there is no such wheel but -13mm was considered close enough and there are lots of these available. Are you sure that -15mm is OK?

Registered
I've read a lot of discussion on this before and the consensus was that 12.5mm a side was the maximum increase allowed. Most stock wheels are +10mm but some factory mags were 0mm which allowed a max of -12.5mm however there is no such wheel but -13mm was considered close enough and there are lots of these available. Are you sure that -15mm is OK?
I don't believe there is a zero offset in any 8" wide factory rim. From my recollection all factory alloys from GQ & GU are pos 10 and all 8" GU steels are pos 10 so if there is a zero offset maybe it's in the 7" steel sunraysia styles that were on the ST GQ's.
At any rate the law is 50mm track whiich is 25mm each side and therefore 15 + 10 = theoretical 25mm increase, so yes if a neg 15 exists then it would be legal (ignoring tyre protrusion). However if there was a factory zero offset then you should be able to have up to a neg 25 offset and be legal. Of course neg 22 is the common available size.
If I am wrong then the only factory mag that could be zero is the GQ Ti as there is no other alloy but being a 16 x 8 I'd be surprised if it wasn't a pos 10, but like I said a factory zero is actually a benefit not a hindrance for those wanting big offsets.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts