Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the exhaust manifold leak start happening on my 09 GU 3L... Took it to a mechanic I had just met so thought he was gonna give me a good deal.

Anyways hes told me it was prob the turbo, i challenged him and then proceeded to send him links to the numerous posts on here about the manifold problem and it not being the turbo...

Hes pulled the turbo off and inspected it, told me it was the problem, so i've agreed as he's suppose to be the expert.. hes replaced the turbo and the noise was still there when he started it back up...

He then rips off the exhaust manifold and says its warped and replaces and fixes that, wullah.. noise gone!.

Now i told him before he replaced the turbo that i wouldnt pay for it if it doesnt fix the problem... hes just given me the invoice and its for $3300.. and thats supposibly with a real good discount for the stuffing around.

Hes charged me $1800 for the turbo which i rang up the supplier and they are $1500 brand new... $1300 for the actual manifold job and $200 for a thread repairer.

Should i dispute as much as possible? seeming he completely stuffed up? i was going to dispute the turbo but hes had the car for 4 weeks now and i just needed it back, i only agreed to pay cost price for the turbo - no labour.

What ya fellas rekon?

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Fark id be royally pissed off. He would be in hospital for sure what a piss midget.

You said fix the manifold, he should have done that first if he's is so hopeless at diagnosing, certainly cheaper.

What a rip off. Name and shame.

·
A Quiet One
nissan
456 Posts
Maybe ring VACC, explain it to them and see how you go. I don't know what state you are in, so might have a different name.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts