Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got a few issues. I'm wiring some driving lights on my mates red neck VS commonhore ute for him. The lights are negativley switched, well i thikk so any way, has power all the time and when you switch the lights on one of the powers goes out.

So how do I wire them up to the relay??????

So far i have wired as normal, And 87 has power when the high beam is off, Sitch high beam on and 87 looses power.

So i thought i would swap earth "85" and highbeam switch "86" over but it is still the same.

can someone help me out please, really need to get this done
Cheers.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
64 Posts
Sounds more like you have the headlight relay output not the high beam. Maybe the headlights go out when the high beams kick in?? Odd though, in 5 vehicles i've owner, never seen one wired with a swtiched negative.

·
nissan
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers driving safe. I will see how it goes I have the relay kind of working but i don't think it is the rights way at all

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Can i clean this with a few edits and move to the DIY section guys, those pics are great!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hi Jet, thats fine by me and this might help as well.

It a basic headlight wiring up grade and you don’t need to know whether the vehicle is positive or negative switched, the wiring sorts it out automatically.

One thing I would change is the cable between the battery and the fuse block, this should be at least 6mm to give the best results.

·
nissan
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go for it Jetty , Move to where ever you feel like.

Thanks again guys, talk about messing with your head. I mean who would ever think that you need to run an earth to a power, just seems a bit odd, but once you see it wired up it al makes perfect sence. Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts