Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a new clutch, I thought I ordered a Safari Tuff Clutch, but I think I got a std exedy clutch, it looked identical to the old one.

I was pressed for time so I went ahead and used it anyway.

My question is, after replacing the very worn clutch disk, pressure plate and throwout bearing, the pedal is really easy, like a honda civic.

Before it felt like a dump truck.

The throwout bearing was really bad, but I didn't think it would make it feel this soft.

It feels like it grabs just fine, but I'd prefer to have more pedal force... I feel like I'm going to put my foot thru the floor when I push it in.

I didn't see any adjustments on the slave cylinder, is there a way to adjust the pedal?

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
its probably because u have cleaned and regreased front hat where bearing slides so it operates smoothly. thats if u did do it lol

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its probably because u have cleaned and regreased front hat where bearing slides so it operates smoothly. thats if u did do it lol
I did, and given the old parts were in such bad shape, I guess that it is normal now, but it was just an amazing change.

It grabs at about 2.5 cm from the floor... compared to not grabbing at all, it is a great improvement.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,395 Posts
If you want the heavy pedal back, pinch off the vacuum line from your clutch master booster. :evillaug:

·
Registered
161 Posts
New clutch is always nice and light, due to the fact the spring is a diaphragm shape. The more the clutch wears, the more concave the spring gets at the point its travel is stopped by the clutch engaging. As the clutch beds in and wears it will gradually get heavier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts