Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm i'n the market for a new clutch as after last nights run it's starting to slip.. What do u guys run.. It's a 4.2 petrol/gas shorty

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
from what ive heared, standard diesel clutches are suppose to be the go.

i got a 4.2 diesel and upgrading to a heavy duty organic.

·
Registered
nissan
11,122 Posts
how heavy do you want it. the gu td42t safari tuff clutch is a straight bolt in and is massively stronger.
or just go a tb/td safari tuff still alot stronger and better than the original. and yes td42 and tb42 safari tuff clutches are the same, part no the works.
but either way imo go with a safari tuff clutch quite good and can be had for round the 600 bucks mark or there abouts.
sunbury brakes have a website and are pretty cheap. and will freight anywhere in oz.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Only difference between the Exedy Safari Tuff and the std Exedy is the pressure plate is modified to give a higher clamping pressure. Everything else the same. Safari Tuff is overkill unless you do heavy towing or hardcore steep stuff on rocks etc.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
48 Posts
I run a exedy sports tough clutch seems really good and only 350 bucks i find it grips really well for most of your run of the mill fourby,n

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Im getting a safari tuff clutch on monday , heard good things and stronger so u can muck around off road

·
Registered
240 Posts
safari all the way

Do yaself a big favour go grab a SAFARI [EXEDY] TUFF CLUTCH KIT you wont regret it mate ....

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Do your flywheel aswell. New or skimmed.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I run the safari tuff in one car. good clutch and not much heavier on the foot than the standard one.

get your flywheel ground definitely, will be pretty cheap just take it into a clutch place. Probably a good idea to do your rear main seal while youre at it. saves taking the gearbox out again.

·
Registered
Nissan
797 Posts
Any love for the Adelaide/Aussie Clutch?

I don't know if we can get the Exedy around here.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Very professional looking mob.
They built one to spec for me and didn't cost much more than a standard one.
Look on their web page at the stockist list and buy direct from there.

·
Registered
93 SWB Maverick
1,390 Posts
Any love for the Adelaide/Aussie Clutch?

I don't know if we can get the Exedy around here.
Um Adelaide clutch do make and sell Exedy? hahaha we buy from them all the time. Its where i got mine from. LOL

·
8,549 Posts
Um Adelaide clutch do make and sell Exedy? hahaha we buy from them all the time. Its where i got mine from. LOL
Exedy are made in Thailand

·
Registered
93 SWB Maverick
1,390 Posts
Adelaide Clutch make custom pressure plates depending on the clamp loads and clutches required.. should have been more clear.

Mine uses a cusion button ceramic friction plate from an exedy clutch, but they made the pressure plate (1500kg clamp load) to suit.

·
8,549 Posts
Extreme and Exedy are different companies.
Exedy is a huge Jap company and used to be called Daikin but their clutches are now made in Thailand. Half the Jap cars, most Jap trucks, and most Jap 4wd's in the world use Exedy/Daikin clutches as OEM and so does Ford and GMH.
Bit of useless trivia. :D

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
Extreme and Exedy are different companies.
Exedy is a huge Jap company and used to be called Daikin but their clutches are now made in Thailand. Half the Jap cars, most Jap trucks, and most Jap 4wd's in the world use Exedy/Daikin clutches as OEM and so does Ford and GMH.
Bit of useless trivia. :D
No thats not useless at all,

this all proves the reliability of EXEDY. I run exedy stage 1 clutch kit in both my 4WD and car. The clutch on my car is 5-6months old and it still grips the same as day one. Very VERY happy with it. Same story with the 4WD, even with 35's it still runs strong peroid.

I guess at the end of the day it depends on whatever budget you have and definetly on your heart. I love my car, saved a lot just for the clutch + labour $$$'s (whilest full-time uni).

Good luck,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts