Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its time for a new clutch what would you guys recomend it's a 90 mod 4.2 patrol/gas.

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Just did ours, original lasted 417k kms, $1500 all up. Terrain tamer heavy duty, flywheel machined and rear oil seal replaced while box was out.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
1,610 Posts
safari tough clutch. Make sure you get the bush for the input shaft etc. may as well do the rear main, just in case.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
I bought one once which I think was a Clutch Industries one for $200. It did the job and the price was excellent. I don't own the truck anymore so I don't know how long it will last.
I think a genuine one was about $280 at the time.

·
Registered
nissan
109 Posts
while they are doing the rear engine seal, get them to check/replace welch plugs on the back of the engine, inside the bellhousing (gearbox shroud from engine). this may save leaky coolant fluid later on. i just had my clutch done too. $600 for the exedy (aka. Daikin) safari, with around $600 for labour, and new PBR master cyl and slave cyls $280...i think. all up, just shy of $1500...WELL worth it, it drives sooo sweetly now!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I fitted the PBR 4Terrain kit in mine very happy with it cost $440.00 for the kit. That includes throw out race clutch and pressure plate.
The flywheel resurface was $80. Fitted new spigot bearing cannot remember how much and all new welsh plugs at back of motor, I forgot to do oil seal but it hasn't leaked yet but I would advise to do it.
I also fitted new slave cylinder but used original master cylinder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts