Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday - thought after being on here for a while now thought i should show off my possession
after getting a canary on the old maverick i had to get another car quick smart - and this popped up about 3 days later

it was a stock 2001 4.2 coil cab chassis, no work at all except for a canopy and 170 LF lights
the weekend i got it i whacked a 2" lift, 220 roo lights, reversing lights, uhf in
and just done a 3" xhaust and turned the turbo up to 10PSI with a gauge.
in the next few days putting in a few LED's in the canopy for camping, replacing the rear lights with LED's (just cos they look good :cool:) in tray ciggy sockets, and a winch when i get my hands on a cheapish one
thats all im going to do now untill the funds rejuvenate a little; which might see a bigger (garret) turbo with an intercooler down the track.
iv got some 33" ET2 for weekend trips

first two pics are the day i picked her up from mechanics after RWC,
the newish roo lights
and after the lift

cheers dave

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
Any updates mate love the coil cab are they really that much better then the leaf rear ? Canapy looks great and water problems ?
Cheer scott

·
Registered
nissan
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no updates yet, clutch went about a week ago, so that has taken my play money
i was really considering a leafy for a while - they are tip top for work/load carrying (im a chippy so towing a trailer would be ideal with a leafy) they have taller diffs..blah blah blah
but i went with the coil and chucked some heavy duty springs in, better ride than a leaf rear
the canopy is great - it has sips down each corner which leak a little, silicone spray and a rubber ute liner mat to keep my **** elevated is enough to make me happy...
cheers dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts