·
___BTDT___
42,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Rogue
20,643 Posts
My standard question when 'trials' are proposed:

How will we judge if the trial is a success or failure?

hehe

·
___BTDT___
42,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My standard question when 'trials' are proposed:

How will we judge if the trial is a success or failure?

hehe
Nothing ventured nothing gained, I'm not expecting an avalanche of entries, if it flies then so be it, if it doesn't then thats fine too, there are actually many unused areas within this forum.

·
Registered
11,361 Posts
I think it will be a failure. (Even if the motivation is good)
It wont serve to notify.
This forum is purely as a service to members who belong to 4X4 Clubs or maybe wishing to start one in their area, it is a place where you can notify Patrol4X4.com members and the many guest readers we have of your club.

I wouldn't have noticed the recent sandhurst 4wd club post (which I'm considering joining) if it wasn't in general.
That is where the traffic is.

·
___BTDT___
42,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it will be a failure.
This forum is purely as a service to members who belong to 4X4 Clubs or maybe wishing to start one in their area, it is a place where you can notify Patrol4X4.com members and the many guest readers we have of your club.

I wouldn't have noticed the recent sandhurst 4wd club post (which I'm considering joining) if it wasn't in general.
That is where the traffic is.
Maybe you need to get out of GD more :), 'New Posts' is a handy menu button. Your not correct when you say GD is where the traffic is, the majority of traffic is in other sections, GD is really only supported heavily by a select few, seeing as I'm across all forums I know many members who never go into GD so they would have missed it in there, life can be like that so we do what we can.

This was not a spur of the moment decision, a number of people have been asked for feedback over a couple of days outside of the normal Forum space and indeed I've had phone conversations on it and so far that is the only negative feedback I've had, it took me a day to make it a reality giving more time.

Absolutely your entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but if we don't try new things we stagnate and that is not good for our future in these days of instant gratification on other media, if the section fails then so be it, we will move on. I'm not expecting it to be an overnight success, if it works it could take months and it cost us nothing except my time and that is free. I'm more a glass half full sort of person so I'm hoping it is a moderate success and does add another dimension to our highly regarded forum. You may not have noticed but our membership has been steadily increasing over the last few months and basically none of them are in GD. We also have up to several hundred guests viewing at any given time and if it attracts just one new member to the fold it has been a success as far as I'm concerned, nothing ventured nothing gained.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
5,811 Posts
Interesting you think GD is where the traffic is. We could delete it and nothing would change. GD was added many years ago because it was a good addition to keep members interested. The 4x4 club section has been on this forum before actually it is still in archive lol. We dont have the passwords to reinstate it with our new owners. I deleted it when we had our virus attack as it had the most infection and was a small section which i thought had no value.

Things change over the years Mods and /admin are always looking to keep interest and membership in our forum to keep it alive and healthy. Its about balance not traffic in one section beside GD has good traffic but only visited by the same usual members and rarely do you see guests in there which out weigh members 5 to one on this forum most times.

Right now at 8:40 am we have 27 members and 131 guests and no members in GD that make me happy and our forum is alive and well. Often times we have in the many hundreds of guests on the weekends with the same 30 to 40 members online of those members a mere 5 max are in GD ever..

Also our view count can only register members i would love to actually see what the real count would be for guests added to the section views, actually i can give you an idea the ZD30 sections wins hands down by a massive country mile. This is due to the outstanding work done by a Admin member making this section a great information section. I added this SUB section many years ago as a trial, talk about a success story it should of had its own forum.

Actually its time it had its own forum to make it easier to find for guests and the like. Maybe we SUB section GD as it has vertically zero guest traffic.

·
Registered
11,361 Posts
I'm sorry if I offended it was not my intention. It was bluntly put I guess :oops:
I put up my thoughts as that is what is applicable to me.
Post count is pretty high in GD. That = traffic imo and when I use tapatalk it is on timeline. GD threads are always up or near the top.
Then again it is only a few posters but you could say that about most topics.
Much of the tech stuff is there as a reference and that is great.
I guess it will be more orderly and searchable as a reference, in it's own section.
My point is I have never been interested in 4wd clubs before and wouldn't have come across it otherwise.
As far as traffic though if I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
5,811 Posts
All good mate i though the same as you when i sandboxed that section. Things have change now and if we can help another community minded section i am all for it even if its club related with all its odd activities and odd balls who know or think they know everything there is to know about driving a 4x4. I am happy to have a blind eye to such Bias if it helps us and them as a whole.. We can always delete the section as i did once before if it doesn't work. Our track record of late is pretty damn good for this sort of thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts