Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to simply just run a new wire from the thermal transmitter to an aftermarket temp gauge?

Having problems with my dash gauge and can't really afford the $$ for an ECUTalk

Thanks,

·
Registered
nissan patrol
333 Posts
Generally of you have an issue with the dash guage, the sender is on it way out.
The zd Di has 2 temp senders, one for the dash guage (located in the head just under the inlet manifold at cylinder 1) and a sender for the ecu located on the passenger side somewhere

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate yeah been through it all already unfortunately to no avail, just replaced the temp sender (thermal transmitter) with a new genuine one, checked earths, etc.

Decided I’m just going to go with a new gauge.

·
Registered
nissan
2,185 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to simply just run a new wire from the thermal transmitter to an aftermarket temp gauge?

Having problems with my dash gauge and can't really afford the $$ for an ECUTalk

Thanks,
If the aftermarket gauge works within the same resistance range as the factory gauge it will be fine.

You can check your factory gauge operation by connecting an adjustable potentiometer.

I don’t think your problem is electrical. I would be removing the radiator and checking for an internal blockage.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
270 Posts
I have installed a temp sender in the top radiator hose. Used a connector of course. Works fine and gives top hose temp and ECUTalk gives bottom temp. Easy to see it is working. ECUTalk is worth the modest spend if you are going to keep the vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts