Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone direct me to a possible supplier of a reco short/long motor for a 2000 patrol 3 ltr 4 banger ? I need some figures to see if its viable or time for something different ....
cheers
Kriz

·
Registered
nissan
32 Posts
Just paid 7500 for a long motor from Geelong Nissan in Victoria. No injector pump, turbo, timing chain and gears. Has injectors and glow plugs.

·
Registered
nissan
2,707 Posts
Try this mob - $4,400 for a reconditioned long engine with a 12 month unlimited km warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the replies the engine on ebay looks viable with a few more bits needed manifolds pump injectors turbo etc which are all good on mine , though i need a new intercooler. I ve had some coolant issues in the last couple of months so it'll be a gasket and head at the least ,the rest of the engine is stock ive only fitted a catch can with no other major issues. Tank ill ring you and round up all the options i can :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just found this while bouncing around
COMPLAINTS CORNER: NISSAN PATROL, ZD30, ENGINE - COMPLAINTS CORNER.COM
It would appear that there is some admission to faults in early models sold by nissan but they obviously didnt advertise the fact or contact owners to see if they could help out.... So much for backing what they sell !!! I will not consider another nissan "period" based on the backup of their expensive products ( my local dealers would not even acknowledge they were bad engines). My car is a 2000 model with under 150 000 klms on the clock given that competitors models are pushing over 300 k with only servicing and general wear and tear it really is dismal for such a large company. I recently needed a drag link from the steering box to the lh swivel hub i enquired with a dealer on replacement and was told that the job required the steering wheel to be removed (airbag decommission) to ensure the steering wheel would be true with the wheels centered ....... it has always been offset since new.
I ordered a non gen link which is fully adjustable greasable and heavier in construction fitted with a wheel alignment for under $400 the gen part alone was over $400 plus fitting and "steering wheel adjustment" would have put the cost at over $700.........and this was an approx figure not a quote.
END RANT Is there anything they wont screw their customers over with ??

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
Just found this while bouncing around
COMPLAINTS CORNER: NISSAN*PATROL, ZD30, ENGINE - COMPLAINTS CORNER.COM
It would appear that there is some admission to faults in early models sold by nissan but they obviously didnt advertise the fact or contact owners to see if they could help out.... So much for backing what they sell !!! I will not consider another nissan "period" based on the backup of their expensive products ( my local dealers would not even acknowledge they were bad engines). My car is a 2000 model with under 150 000 klms on the clock given that competitors models are pushing over 300 k with only servicing and general wear and tear it really is dismal for such a large company.
You need to buy a box of super absorbant tissues? Ignoring that the problems with this series of motor are well known and documented, your car is over 10 years old. Anywhere else in the world it would be time to throw it out regardless of the KM its done.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Theres a bloke on here who is planning a Chev Diesel conversion who was asking what his grenade was worth. only in the last week, go back thru the 100,000 'whats it worth' threads and speak with him

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont believe a well maintained vehicle has only a 10 year life span ........... yeah Im pissed that my 50,000 dollar motor vehicle has an engine with a life span of the average "show bag toy" but cheers for the comment anyhow... Tank send me some pics and a dollar figure dont know what happened to the phone ...was probly made by nissan.......

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
its unfortunate, but that's how it is.

we're one of the last developed countries in the world trying to keep vehicles +10yrs of age on the road.

do yourself a favor and don't just stick a new engine in it. do a bit more reading about why they pop as it can be prevented.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Valves for the boost, catch cans, different oil types, failed maf's ,I have followed the grenade help threads since i started visiting this forum. My engine is 10 y/o yes and is at the supposed klms for a melt down ... having said that regular servicing, not flogging it, using good fuel alll done to get me this far when a lot of others havent.If looking at all my options will get me similar results then , it will last me till im not wanting to own a 4wd anymore. Thanks to whitie and tank for the replies.

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
Is it really in peak condition?

Have you maintained all the electronic sensors which do deteriorate with age and provide incorrect readings?

have you cleaned the intake manifold of the EGR related sooting these things are prone to?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Take the opportunity to consider other engine options that wont pop

·
Registered
55 Posts
Valves for the boost, catch cans, different oil types, failed maf's ,I have followed the grenade help threads since i started visiting this forum. My engine is 10 y/o yes and is at the supposed klms for a melt down ... having said that regular servicing, not flogging it, using good fuel alll done to get me this far when a lot of others havent.If looking at all my options will get me similar results then , it will last me till im not wanting to own a 4wd anymore. Thanks to whitie and tank for the replies.
Are you really upset with people on this forum and Nissan???

Or are you upset with the fact you kept it, knowing that it will go bang???

Really, everyone knows they do it. Its just when. Yours has now happened, so deal with it. Ranting and raving on here about how you did this and done that. Isn't going to fix the issue.

Get the Duramax. Appears to be the way to go :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yo Yo marshall mathers my engine hasnt gone bang I bear no one on this forum any ill will .....I fail to see why you even posted in this thread. Pull your pants up ,turn your hat round the right way and learn how to sing..??? My displeasure with Nissan is shared by all who got bitten with this model ... read around a bit ....
Yom Ive removed the egr pipe 3 times now to check on build up it has been clear every time ,the pipe needed facing the first time but this was stated in other forums the maf has been replaced and "cleaned" as best you can every oil change (5000klms btw) At present i have a weeping front crank seal a weeping i/c and some coolant usage from time to time the motor is still running with nothing in the recorded codes of the ecu pointing to any majors , lucky or just well maintained you could probly flip a coin.
I wasnt going to leave it till my wife was stuck on the side of the road or worse stuck miles from nowhere on a trip before fixing it. Buying new would be awsome but not an option and justifiying replacing a vehicle in its condition body ,running gear, suspension all good even the brakes are original I cant do. Just working out the details on the costs of it all tanks donk has 85000 k's on it and its an 05 not sure if that puts it within a bracket of good or bad. All of the gear id have to fit to a recon motor has done at least 150 k so putting them on a recon motor doesnt seem wise and the cost of replacing the turbo and i/c plus fitting a recon fuel pump and servicing the injectors then fitting my timing chain gears etc etc Im waiting on some quotes from different engine suppliers cheers for the interest .
KRIZ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts