Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a GU to see some the stunning country side in WA.

Apart from ebay and carpoint where is the best places to look for 2nd hand patrols?

Also, any good clubs for touring in WA. North of Perth.

Cheers.

·
Registered
nissan
54 Posts
another place to check out is the auto auctions - manheim fowles out near the international airport. They have a 4x4 and commercial auction there every week with 3+ patrols. most are ex-government (in my experience they are dept of education - company cars for teachers that have to travel and ****). They start base, with no mods at all so good if you are after a blank slate to build up as you see fit.

In saying that though I bought mine privately (quokka) and couldn't be happier. FYI I paid 37k for a gu4,2005 model, just under 50thou km's, all the NADS mods and had front locker, factory winch bar, safari snorkel, dual batteries, 2in lift, 3inch beaudesert incl dump pipe and some other stuff, with excellent service history. so the right car is out there if you keep looking - I spent a good 2 months looking.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Chipmonster, welcome to the forum
I was looking at buying second hand, say 2005/6 which were all around $35/38 k, so decided to bite the bullet and buy new. Brought a brand spanker for $51K, but it does not have any mods like Dave said, so it does add up. But I wanted the peace of mind and the worthless Nissan Warranty.
There are some good deals out there, it depends how long you can wait?
Anyway, dont forget to read the reference documents regarding mods needed, at least it will give you some insight of some of the problems and why.
G

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
A lot of Patrols in WA go to the mines. Learn how to spot an ex-mine vehicle before you go looking... avoid at all costs.

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
If i was new to Australia and was living in WA, i'd be telling my missus that the only Nissan Patrol dealer in WA was Brunswick Diesels.

They transplant luuvly turbo intercooled chev diesels into nissan patrols.

She's starting to catch onto my bs lately, so she probably wouldn't belive me! :)

Seeing as your in the west, I'd at least check em out.

·
Registered
nissan
339 Posts
Try Action Motors in Cannington ........ they were as honest as the get when I was there ..... and have a good selection of vehicles as well. They were recommended to my by a WA based 4wd club.
Good blokes that work there too ......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts