Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its nearly 12 months since we (Chip Tuning) personally attempted to get a new Injector style performance module out to replace the failed Chip It injector style module.

What a pain it has been.

The issue was speed of signal. To do the job we wanted we, in the end, needed to dedicate a processor for each channel !!! Otherwise the signal at higher RPMs was just lost to noise.

So, on a 4 cyl engine we have 4 processors. On the Toyota V8 we have 8x processors.

In the process we found out what was the issue which plagued Chip It. What Chip It were doing to add to injector duration (variable resistance to ground) was incorrect and why it had continuing issues and why it worked poorly.

The method that works is to capture the injector signal sent via the factory injector module in its entirety, clean it and add to it via a processor dedicated to that specific job.

And with this configuration it works. Its built by us, (not re-badged) so this, I believe, means we are the only manufacturers in Australia that make, tune and market our own Diesel Performance Module. It will also still have the engine safety feature of EGT Protection and will be programmable as well.

We are releasing the new Module in January/February for the Toyota first, then Mitsubishi as these were the cars that were tested first, and then Nissan.

I'll keep the forum abreast of the news as it happens

Regards
Robert

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,823 Posts
Good to see you still around Rob. I gave your name and contact details regarding a chipit module the other week but wasn't sure if you still offered support for them or not.
Brett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts