Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I took the plunge. And decided to seek employment within the 4x4 industry. I start tomorrow at UV4x4 at Brendale as a salesperson. Pretty keen to get my teeth into it. And finally enjoy what I do. Household goods was starting to bore the s**t out of me. Mind you I have done that for the last 12 years. It will be a little strange to be a salesperson again as I have spent the last 6years managing and owning retail outlets. Money doesn't seem to have the spark it use to too drive me. I'd rather enjoy what I do than hate it and earn a few extra $$$ a year.
Cheers
Troy

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
good luck mate. all the best at the new job!

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
I've worked in a couple of 4x4 shops as sales and fitting and it was alright, but didn't seen to fulfil me and didn't really have room to progress, I'm only 22 though. Went on to labouring and now am an apprentice lecky and I love it. Good luck but mate, would be awesome enjoying working with what you love.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've worked in a couple of 4x4 shops as sales and fitting and it was alright, but didn't seen to fulfil me and didn't really have room to progress, I'm only 22 though. Went on to labouring and now am an apprentice lecky and I love it. Good luck but mate, would be awesome enjoying working with what you love.
Thanks mate, I've done all the progression I've wanted to do for now. It's just going to be nice to want to go to work. Not to say I don't want to progress in the future.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I might be up your way tomorrow for work troy, if i got time ill pop in and say hi. I might even buy something :)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Having a several mates at few 4b stores, a common theme is watch how many "MATES" you will have as soon as word gets out where you work.... and when you cant give them discount, watch how many you DONT have..

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Hey troy , nice work mate , went for 1 at nudgee but didnt get it , oh well . Start at bunnings at stafford full time next week though, have been cheffing for 8 years and was time to mix it up. Good luck mate will see you there , i live about 500m away lol .

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey troy , nice work mate , went for 1 at nudgee but didnt get it , oh well . Start at bunnings at stafford full time next week though, have been cheffing for 8 years and was time to mix it up. Good luck mate will see you there , i live about 500m away lol .
That's funny. I also applied at nudgee. And didn't get it. But I thought this is what I want and kept chasing one. Good luck with bunnings mate

·
Registered
nissan
1,731 Posts
Well done, moving onto to something new is sometimes a big leap, but a change is as good as a holiday they say, might not get away from whitegoods completely, hope you move a few fridges lol

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Im not expecting a discount btw.

And as for Bunnings, i worked there when it was hardware house in the trade section.. i loved it. got to drive the forklifts and the bobcat, and be surrounded by all building products, was tops

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im not expecting a discount btw.

And as for Bunnings, i worked there when it was hardware house in the trade section.. i loved it. got to drive the forklifts and the bobcat, and be surrounded by all building products, was tops
I didnt take it that way tonka. It would be good to meet you though

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Goodluck with the job Troy. The 4by industry can be tuff, but with your passion and life experience should be a walk in the park.
Enjoy.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
As all have said and I'll say it again "Good luck " with the new job mate

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Sundays off has gotta rock for you right now after working weekends that long. Bring on family life!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts