Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If the data set used the same formatting protocol, then yes. But I don't have a view of Nissan's coding logic. So although the underlying data is a simple .csv, depending on how they wrote it, depends on if the system will read it correctly.

For e.g

Car maker 1 codes an address like this: 123 Imlost Drive
X co-ord xx:yy:zz
Y co-ord xx:yy:xx
Supplementary data" Show text "Imlost Drive"

In the actual data set, it may look like this
X=xxxxxxxx
Y=xxxxxxxx
Supp="Imlost Drive"

Car maker 2 codes the same address like this: 123 Imlost Drive
X=xxxxxxxx; Y=xxxxxxxx; Supp="text"

See that semi-colon between the pieces of identical data? That's enough to render the data unreadable by another system.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have to laugh, so I got the new card, plugged it in and.....yip, EXACTLY the same as the old one. I have asked Nissan ****sville to explain.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So I have asked Nissan Australia four (4) times WHAT has changed. This is the reply. Ludicrous.
Reply 1"As your email was in regards to updates for your navigation system, the update we are discussing is in regards to this feature. We sincerely apologise for not being able to meet your expectations in relation to your concern. Kind regards,"

And this reply 2, "Thank you for your email. As stated below, the SD card you have in your vehicle is an update, and the one you have is the latest SD card available. As soon as there is another update, you will be made aware at the following service after release. Nissan Australia apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.Kind regards,"

21 - 23 of 23 Posts