Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I've been poking around looking for a bit of info and buying tips as were looking at an 05 ST-S Wagon this arvo.
Any last minute things I should be checking?

Cal

·
Registered
nissan
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PIC for the curious :)
uploadfromtaptalk1405476361319.jpg

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Welcome Cheesy. Sorry we were all busy working :)

Tidy looking car. Looks to be a ZD30, so will be DI (the CRD arrived in 2007). With any diesel, a good service history is a major plus.

If you haven't yet read it, go to the ZD30 section and download and read the 'Bible'. It's got lots of general Patrol info too, it's not solely focused on the 3.0 motor.

·
Registered
nissan
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. Well this one turned out to be a dud.
No service history, last service was 24,000km ago! Just not looked after and in overall very poor condition.
Thanks, will read up on the bible thread before looking at the next one :)
The hunt continues...

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
You really cant trust anyone. We looked at a Patrol a few years back, it had 44000 klms on it but had had no 40000 service done. The car looked fine and the owner said he would get the service done if we were interested in the car. He did the service, had log book signed, so we took it to RACQ for an inspection. The car came back with a good report except for one item saying "wheel bearings/packings worn, need replacing". One of the things to be done on the 40000 service is the wheel bearings. I quized the owner and he said "oh I dont pay much attention to log books, we just change the oil every 10000, that's all my mechanic reckons they need". Needless to say we didnt get that car.

·
Registered
nissan
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Cheesy. Sorry we were all busy working :)
Actually joined the forum a few days ago but had some first time posting issues that admin have helped me out with :D Apologies if I appeared to be rushing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
nissan
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope sorry

·
Registered
nissan
287 Posts
All good, being in Townsville I thought there might be a reasonable chance that you were. On the subject of buying a patrol. I've recently bought a 4.2 GU. There is bugger all chance of getting a good one up here so I had to travel to Brissy. Plenty of ZD30s to choose from pretty much anywhere though. Thought about getting an older TD42 at all?

·
Registered
nissan
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep sure have, options are definitely open for the 'right' vehicle.
Actually found an older one with a 6.5L Diesel V8 Chev in it that I'm trying to research.
Maybe.....

·
Registered
nissan
287 Posts
Yeah cool, I decided on an older series 1 gu Td42 with low kays rather than a much newer zd30 powered model. Extremely happy with that decision.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan
25 Posts
Welcome to the forum Cheesy, good to see some more TSV patrol people.
There has been a few for sale on the townsville facebook cars for sale page - might be worth a look
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum Cheesy, good to see some more TSV patrol people.
There has been a few for sale on the townsville facebook cars for sale page - might be worth a look
Cheers
Yep sure is :cool:

So does $32k sound like too much for this '01 Patrol 6.5ltr V8 with 237,000km on the body and 75,000km on the engine?

Heads starting to spin from all the reading :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts