Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member here from Brissy.

I'll be upfront from the start, I do not own a patrol. Got nothing against them just got a better deal on the cruiser all those years ago. Although maybe I should've spend more as I'm now on my second engine. So much info on here from the very small selection of threads that i've gone through, got plenty more months of reading to catch up. A lot of the info on here crosses over to the toyota sides of things anyways, especially in relation to the 4.2L engine side of things and performance upgrades. Looking forwards to learning more and who knows, maybe i'll end up selling and switching sides (not that I take any in the patrol vs cruiser debut). Had an old D22 Navara work ute for years and no matter how much I tried I just couldn't kill it. Bloody loved that thing!

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,277 Posts
Welcome Andrew, I'm sure you will cop a bit of ribbing but it will be of good nature. I'm so pleased we have been able to help you and that our site has appeal to those other than Patrol Owners, you are correct, a lot of info does cross over.

Look forward to catching up at next years Show and Shine which we hold annually at Caboolture, see Competitions and events for details on this years event, always a good opportunity to catch up with SEQ members and we get interstaters as well.

·
Registered
nissan
6,406 Posts

I'll be upfront from the start, I do not own a patrol.
Heh, I occasionally drop in to LCOOL and Pradopoint, mainly for info on travel and destinations.

Got nothing against them just got a better deal on the cruiser all those years ago.
You are the first bloke I've heard say that. Many guys with Patrols say they got it because it was cheaper than a Landcruiser.

·
Registered
Nissan
130 Posts
Hey there, and welcome to the group.

I haven't been part of the group long, and I wander in and out depending on what else life brings me, but I'm pretty sure there's quite a few of us around here in Brisbane.

Having spent my whole life owning Toyota's I've only recently stepped into the light and bought my first Nissan. And, I couldn't be happier.

I'll be upfront from the start, I do not own a patrol. Got nothing against them just got a better deal on the cruiser all those years ago. Although maybe I should've spend more as I'm now on my second engine.
Obviously you've got a Cruiser, not a Prado, if the body has lasted 2 engines.

-- I may be wrong. Just ask my wife, she'll tell you.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
What sort of cruiser do you have, and what engine?

When I was growing up the family chariot was a 105 series with 4.5L petrol and auto. It was, and still is, a bloody nice car.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum.
What sort of cruiser do you have, and what engine?

When I was growing up the family chariot was a 105 series with 4.5L petrol and auto. It was, and still is, a bloody nice car.
Sorry mate, only just seen this reply while I was looking at my profile settings :ROFLMAO:. I current have a 80 series which now has a 1HD-FT in it. Soo many issues with my weak drivetrain but zero with the FT engine, sometimes I think about putting the engine into a patrol for best of both worlds. But then I always wonder what badge I'd have on the front grill! hahah

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,277 Posts
Sorry mate, only just seen this reply while I was looking at my profile settings :ROFLMAO:. I current have a 80 series which now has a 1HD-FT in it. Soo many issues with my weak drivetrain but zero with the FT engine, sometimes I think about putting the engine into a patrol for best of both worlds. But then I always wonder what badge I'd have on the front grill! hahah
You could have a badge similar to mine.
IMG_0373.JPG

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
looking at that pic for too long makes me feel nauseous 🤢

Seriously! Is it just me or are others feeling ill after looking at this pic for more than a few seconds?

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,849 Posts
Or one like mine

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,849 Posts
Chevy diesel in it, a hybrid is a mixture of different species/types. 😉

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,849 Posts
Can’t remember numbers, bit of information here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts