Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am a new member and wanted to say hi and a little about myself before I start posting in other threads.

I ride a 1996 BMW R1100RS motorbike, have not had a car in years and live just outside Canberra. I am currently in the process of buying two SD33Ts with money down, one is an '84 SWB, the other is an '87 LWB Station Wagon with Auto-Locking Hubs.

I am tempted to get the LWB on the road first, it has a better body although a stuffed transfer case although I am buying a four speed with a T130A transfer case as spares.

The SWB has a turbo with leaky oil seals, some rust and associated water leaks.

At this stage I am tempted to get them both back on the road, probably the LWB first as it will be in my garage this Sunday, the SWB is out on a mate's farm until I can tow it back to my garage (hopefully with the LWB) :D

That's about it, many thanks in advance for any dumb questions I ask.

Cam

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
Hey Cam, welcome to the forum.

Would like to some pictures of your beasty cars :).

Enjoy this forum!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oke doke, will have to work out how to upload photos, (do I have to upload them and link by URL or can I upload from my computer direct to this site?) I have photos of the LWB which is arriving this Sunday, took a couple when I went out to have a look Tuesday arvo, will take some of the SWB this Saturday - it's at a workmate's place till I can get it roadworthy.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads-up Jono,
Both cars are the same colour, both 5 spd SDD3T Turbo. The LWB is arriving tomorrow afternoon after work and will be crammed into my garage, the SWB will have to stay out at mate's place till ready for roadworthy and I get to visit on weekends. Can't wait to get the SWB on the road, then will start restoration of the LWB.

SWB
Troll :: 84 SWB picture by Phoenix135 - Photobucket
Troll :: 84 SWB and 96 R1100RS picture by Phoenix135 - Photobucket

LWB
Troll :: 87 LWB picture by Phoenix135 - Photobucket
Troll :: 87 LWB picture by Phoenix135 - Photobucket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts