Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, in advance please forgive me if the below question seem to be somewhat lame. We have just purchased a 2008 Patrol 3.0 CRD (ex police vehicle) from Pickles Auctions and awaiting delivery.

Q1. I’m keen to remove the “Common Rail” decals from the doors, does anyone know if there is a easy way to do, so as not the damage door or duco?

Q2. Would like to increase the torque for towing a 2 tonne full van without going over board and maintaining reasonable safety margin on the motor, under consideration is having it chipped or D-Gassed, would like your thoughts on which one you feel would be best suited as I can only afford to do one not both at this stage?

Q3. Is it also recommended to blank off the EGR on the GU 6 or just from earlier models?

Q4. If there are any forum members that live in the Nowra NSW area that are into home servicing and improvements to their vehicle of the same model as we have purchase I would like to pick your brains on ideas, if your interested please PM me.

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Welcome to the brigade. For the decals (not sure why you would want to remove them though) you can work the edges gently with a heat gun or preferably a lower temp hair dryer, just don't get too close or stay in one spot for too long.

As for rest, mines an older DI so I'll let the CRD guy's answer but chip and exhaust would be my guess!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts