Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All!

Just bought my first Patrol off my brother in Law.
1998 GU Wagon - 6" Dobinson Springs with Pro Comp shocks under it.

Thing is huge!

Went from a 1990 model Toyota Hilux that i built from standard to have about 7"'s of lift under - Was a big rig aswell! No where near enough power with a 2.4L petrol.

Few things on the Patrol need a little bit of attention..
The Rear Barn door is creaky - But i found a fix on this website, which is good.

What sort of fuel consumption should I be looking at? Im not a lead foot and the only towing it'll be doing is a JetSki on the weekends.

Thanks!
Dave

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Howdy All!

Just bought my first Patrol off my brother in Law.
1998 GU Wagon - 6" Dobinson Springs with Pro Comp shocks under it.

Thing is huge!

Went from a 1990 model Toyota Hilux that i built from standard to have about 7"'s of lift under - Was a big rig aswell! No where near enough power with a 2.4L petrol.

Few things on the Patrol need a little bit of attention..
The Rear Barn door is creaky - But i found a fix on this website, which is good.

What sort of fuel consumption should I be looking at? Im not a lead foot and the only towing it'll be doing is a JetSki on the weekends.

Thanks!
Dave
Welcome to the fold Dave but you don't say what you engine you have.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
23 Posts
:cheers: Congrats on your purchase. Welcome to the club. What sort of power plant is under the bonnet?

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh woops!

Its a 4.5L Petrol (TB45E)

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
sorry man 4.5's and fuel economy don't usually equate in the same sentence ;) but otherwise welcomes to pootroller land :D

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha.. Didnt think so.

Anything to do that can better it?

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea.

I picked it up two days ago and have driven it probably the most part of 90km.
Ha

What can i expect? Again, light foot - Probably about 50/50 motorway and urban, with a little bit of rural driving.

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!

Theres 217ks on the clock.
Was serviced 8000 ago - Major service! Diffs, Gearbox all that sorta gear.

Best thing is - My mechanic loves the fact that I fourby and loved working on my hilux, he's gonna enjoy workin on this rig and he is gonna know his **** because he has the same motor in his! :)

Going to take it off to him at some point this week to have a look over (and a druel) haha.

Another question - Got no mud flaps on the back (cop magnet) - I've got some conveyor belt rubber that I used on the hilux for flaps, however im struggling to see how to get the passenger side rear one on on with the exhaust in the way!
Anyone else had that?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Thanks guys!

Theres 217ks on the clock.
Was serviced 8000 ago - Major service! Diffs, Gearbox all that sorta gear.

Best thing is - My mechanic loves the fact that I fourby and loved working on my hilux, he's gonna enjoy workin on this rig and he is gonna know his **** because he has the same motor in his! :)

Going to take it off to him at some point this week to have a look over (and a druel) haha.

Another question - Got no mud flaps on the back (cop magnet) - I've got some conveyor belt rubber that I used on the hilux for flaps, however im struggling to see how to get the passenger side rear one on on with the exhaust in the way!
Anyone else had that?
You look after it and it will look after you. Re the mudflap, just cut in around it, that's the simplest way and that's how they are standard.

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You look after it and it will look after you. Re the mudflap, just cut in around it, that's the simplest way and that's how they are standard.
Cheers bud!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
620 Posts
On mine with 2" lift and 33" muddies with full lengh ARB steel rack front fullbar and long range tanks full of petrol driving 70km each day to and from work in trafic i can manage to get 16l/100km as the lowest and 19 as highest. I guess depends on your right foot at the end of the day.

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet as.

Mines got 6" lift - 35's.
TJM Winch bar (No Winch) - Roof racks, ARB awning on it.
Not fully laden with fuel but had got duel tanks on it.
Hopefully will be close to those figures!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts