Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start from last week when the fuel tank was leaking at the seam. I removed a fair amount of fuel from the tank and used it afterwards ok. Then on Saturday it started to hold back, lack of power, have changed MAF so it's not that. Had a new tank fitted and primed but now gutless and smoking. Smoke stinks of diesel and is not white or black. Defo no water in fuel. No rattles ticks over fine, that is it. If you increase the revs it struggles and smokes like hell. Put a scanner on it and error code 77 or 707 comes up which is Fuel Injection pump I believe?

Desperate

Ron

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
I'll start from last week when the fuel tank was leaking at the seam. I removed a fair amount of fuel from the tank and used it afterwards ok. Then on Saturday it started to hold back, lack of power, have changed MAF so it's not that. Had a new tank fitted and primed but now gutless and smoking. Smoke stinks of diesel and is not white or black. Defo no water in fuel. No rattles ticks over fine, that is it. If you increase the revs it struggles and smokes like hell. Put a scanner on it and error code 77 or 707 comes up which is Fuel Injection pump I believe?

Desperate

Ron
i blew a turbo hose on my rig and i had the same symptons gutless and smoky i replaced the blown hose and it was normal again

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
CRD or DI ?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had buckets loads of smoke and no power when my EGR went.

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
Blocked lines...?

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
when you take the fuel cap off does it want to let air in e.g makes a sss noise when undoing fuel cap???????? if so take it for a drive without the fuel cap ::):

1 - 9 of 9 Posts