Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting 16.8 ltrs to 100 with the BT-50, I am looking at a 2009 GU, 950000 for $33k.
I've been lurking, and the quality of this place has gone down. Not saying it's because I went to a BT-50 but it is a strange coincidence!!! :p

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah mate. 3.0 crd!!!!! $90 of fuel gave me about 335 km!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
That's a lot of fuel for a BT-50, Good luck on your hunt

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,049 Posts
16.8l/100! Bloody hell!
Weren't driving with the handbrake on were ya lol? :p

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably was. He thinks this place has gone down hill and he doesn't want to follow even if he's driving lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ah so I see you are not familiar with sarcasm! Sorry, I'll refrain from using it around you if that makes it easier for you. ;-)

Reactions: Beerhunter

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
950,000ks..

The main benefit of moving from a bt50 to a trol is that you won't have to vomit when you see the ugly front of your own car anymore.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol! Sneaky friggen 0 getting in there! Yeah I miss the sexy pootrol body.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,678 Posts
The one in Ballarat european look's ok mate.

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
What sort of driving was that, heavy towing?, obviously not just going to the shops or highway cruising, lots of low range boot to the wall 4x4ing? Have to be loading it up a fair bit and putting the boot in to go through that much fuel, work ute with a ton of tools in the back?? DP chip switched to 9?

That's getting close to my 4.2 all loaded up and dragging a 2 ton van around...

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That was 100% around town kays. No funny stuff. Roof rack, drawers, bull bar.
Nothing in the drawers. refer to photo of speedometer, trip was reset at a full tank.

That's the one mate. I've bought it!!! You little ****in ripper!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dunno about that mate, but I am feeling like taking out my new compound bow for some goat hunting in the weekend. I'll give you a head start!

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Settle down LJ, it's not mating season yet!!!

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Thanks gogogq, It was on my list of to look at for a replacement vehicle, but not at that fuel usage.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
my current shape which is 2012 onwards, 3.2l 5cyl with the 6 speed auto does 9l/100km.
with my 1200kg boat/trailer/motor weight on thr back, sitting on 108 on the GPS returns about 12-13l/100km.

i think the biggest issue with the 3l 4cyl bt50/ranger was they where a wanna be landcruiser and are 4h ALL the time. you needed to turn of 4h and be in just 2wd, but to do this would always show you an indication light on the dash. which i guess made people think that, normal driving you shouldnt have dash lights illuminating, so no one turns it off. and being in 4h ALL the time = high fuel consumption.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
356 Posts
That was 100% around town kays. No funny stuff. Roof rack, drawers, bull bar.
Nothing in the drawers. refer to photo of speedometer, trip was reset at a full tank.

That's the one mate. I've bought it!!! You little ****in ripper!!!!!!!!
I have a couple of friends with them one a single cab with tool boxes loaded on the back and the other a ranger and they return really reasonable figures. Ranger about 9s and the bt 11s and is pretty heavy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mine is manual select 4wd, so it is always in 2nd. I know the newer ones get heaps better economy. I had a mate that had a ford the same model as mine that was not much better fuel, so it's a common thing with the older ones.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts