Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? Looks good A! I would like to thank Ian (Piglet) from TJM Cooper plains for great services and a fantastic job done by there staff.
Plus Rooth from 4X4 Action for saving me money, about $300.

So with the new bar and side steps and polyair in the rear coils, where set to travel wide.

One thing though, I have the nissan Alloy Bar and side steps to sell. Any body want them, for series 2 GU 2000 model. going cheep.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The total including labour was about $3200 this did include a front under body grad but it did not fit this year so they refunded that amount of $100 off so about $3100. The fit is perfect. plus they had the car for 2 days. Things I have noticed since fitting are, the side steps sit about 1 to 2 " higher than the nissan ones and the top of the bar is about 40mm higher than the nissan alloy one.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
I have the exact same set up on my Patrol. Just be aware the brush bar and side steps are not that strong. I would recommend trimming up the checker plate so it won't touch the panel work as easily or you might end up with this:

Nice looking truck though.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have the exact same set up on my Patrol. Just be aware the brush bar and side steps are not that strong. I would recommend trimming up the checker plate so it won't touch the panel work as easily or you might end up with this:

<pic>

Nice looking truck though.

Cheers

Justin
Mine did the same. :mad:

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Seems a pattern developing here. Just a note I don't consider myself a "hardcore" 4 wheel driver either. In fact I take great pride in getting the Patrol back in one piece with no damage.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
So, TJM makes the dents in your sills aye.

Rig is looking nice and tidy.
No one is saying that!

Just pointing out to a new owner that the TJM set up is not as strong as it may appear.
To be honest I don't want him to have the same dent in his immaculate blue paint work. It's just a heads up.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feed back and I have notice that the steps plate do sit close to the body. So the suggestion to trim back makes sense. But I must admit that they are stronger than the alloy ones.
It does get polished often. Just trying to keep it looking good no need to let it faid. Not bad for a 10 year old car with 350 000km on the ZD30 motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts