Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm new to this 4x4 lark to be honest...just sold an Abarth 500 and picked up an 1989 Patrol 3.3 (which i think is a GQ model).

It already has a snorkel heavy duty rear and front winch bumper as well as the wellers and bf goodrichs.

It's been a work horse for the previous owner for the last 6 years so i'm gonna try and give her a little love (mechanically) and have a little fun green-laning and light offroading...it's my daily driver so i dont want to go tooooo mad...though we'll see.

In the UK these are pretty rare but i see a lot of the guys in oz love 'em!

Be prepared for lots of stupid questions :)

Cheers

Graeme

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Welcome Graeme. Yep, GQ, aka Y60.

There's a lot of info here in our archives - tip, the search function to use is the 'Google Custom Search' in the big red bar up top, not the useless vBulletin search in the grey tool bar.

We have a few UK members too, and plenty of Euro and Middle East members with GQs.

·
I trust your dash vents are clean...
nissan
732 Posts
You mention is a 3.3? That implies an SD33 motor with was not in the GQ (Y60) models.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
194 Posts
Does it have coil or leaf spring suspension?

·
Registered
Nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it has leaf suspension front and back and reading into it online it might be a late MQ! I must say the brown interior (as much as i love it) would have been a bit odd in the late 80s ha!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts