Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

New turbo Build

23K views 158 replies 18 participants last post by  simonc3 
#1 ·
Hi guys

So I'm putting a new turbo on the old girl, I'll post up more once I've got everything.

For now I've got

Garrett GT2560R
Subaru Water intercooler
Gasket kit
Stud kit
Water feed kit
T3 to T25 adaptor
Flange
Oil drain kit

Just have to get oil lines, filter and Exhaust bends.

Should be good :)

#4 ·
New or same Thread

:iconbana: I'm likin what im reading!! I'm wanting to do something similar so ill be keeping a close eye on on your progress, just like every other regular here. My queestion is are you going to start a new thread once you have gathered sufficient photos? or is this going to be it?

What ever happened to the idea I read about putting specified DIY threads into one "OVERALL HEADING" that appears just as the "sugestion box" does all the time. (Eventhought hardly any post new material) Screwy?

Any way this DIY would be a great way to start the whole thing. Go Simonc3!! Dont forget the Photos...:bigthumb: :bowdown:

#5 ·
i wouldnt worry about a special DIY section or anything like that. i reckon just keep all your info in the one thread, and it will be a great reference for everyone. then, ill grab all the good threads, and pop them on a wiki page, like this: http://nerok.info/engine/sd33/upgrading_turbo

#9 ·
Mocked it up on the spare motor today :p

One of Matt.McInnes T3 T25 addaptors

The oil drain wasn't in the right spot

So with a lot of swearing and some help from the gas axe, we fixed this!

Looks factory :wink:

#14 ·
Yeah this looks like somthing I'll have to figure out when I get all the stuff in the car.

Might have to put the intercooler on a later date, I want to run a donaldson at the same time, and figure out were to put the W2A radiator, not sure if I want it infront of the radiator. :confused:

I also noticed the inlet of the intercooler is fairly big so that's going to take some thinking. (don't have a body lift)

#18 ·
my first car came with a big donaldson, (see Aftermarket Turbo System - 160 / MQ / MK Patrol Wiki). i tried fitting it in my new engine bay without butchering the battery tray, but it was just way too big. only place i could find for it was in the wheel arch lol. or like that roothy bloke does with that green 4wd in that magazine, mount it on a roof rack.

make sure you keep us all informed of the donaldson, im still interested in one.

#22 ·
i havent looked at that exact thing, but all the other k&n is rubbish. they give good airflow, but they do that by sacrificing filtration, hence i just stick to normal paper elements. if you need more airflow, get a bigger filter i reckon.

ive seen photos of a bloke with a GQ or something who put a k&n filter in his airbox, went for a weekend trip in the desert or something, pulled his pipework off the day after and the inside was coated with red dust.

donaldson should also be very welled sealed, helpful for water crossings etc.

#24 ·
If its the upright one it has a cyclonic section as well as the paper element works well but does use up a lot of space. (pulled mine after the lift so snorkel lines up.)
Should be easy enough to pick up an old one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.