Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got a strange vibration at 70 k`s on the gq wagon after fitting some 80 series chrome mags to it , i did have to bore the centers and they have about 1/2 mm clearance , could this cause vibration ? i thought final location was done by the countersink in the whel nits ! When i first drove it it was perfect up to 110 but the missus says the wheel is shaking violently at 70 now just a day later ? got me stuffed .
any ideas?
thanks

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Yeh the wheel nuts position it, Maybe get them balanced!! Rule that out first!

·
Registered
nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry guys forgot to mention yeah had them balanced , however they may have lost a weight as they were only stick on ones on the inside as the lip on the rim didn`t enable them on the outside , will have to check .

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
you may find 1 or 2 threads on wobble *if* you search.

·
Registered
Nissan
341 Posts
And check all your wheel nuts....

·
Registered
nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fitted new steering damper i had laying around , let tyers down from 45 psi (done at tyer shop after balancing ) to 35 psi and the wobble is almost non existant , always had a shimmy at 100 but only on freeway so will have to see some other time how that is , noticed front ph rod bushes are red!! gonna ditch them for rubber when i change all the other bushes in the truck .

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
80 series wheels? it might be like when you try to shake dog crap off your shoe!...just joking.....get the wheels reballenced

1 - 9 of 9 Posts