Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like the wait might finally be over
Ordered a new Patrol back in June and it should be here in the next week, still awaiting confirmation on the delivery date

This is the old girl which has served us well for many years
Although not family friendly with a new baby, hence the reason for the new one, the wife has now decided that she can't bring herself to sell it and wants to keep it

View attachment 161226

And this is the only photo I have of the new one
View attachment 161218

I have bitten the bullet and getting a heap of goodies fitted up before I take delivery for a couple of reasons
a - it's just too hard sometimes to try and get stuff up here and considering the type of vehicle I probably have no chance or sourcing anything
b - it's going to be a lot tamer than the old one, that was purely a toy for playing on weekends, this will be a family friendly tourer
c - it's so nice and new and shiny that although I did everything on the old girl myself I'm not too keen to attack this one, so let the pros at it!!! hahaha

So initial mods to start with are
ARB winch Bullbar
Towbar
2" OME Lift
ARB Roof Rack
Dual Battery Kit and additional sockets in rear
Redarc Towpro Electric Trailer Brakes
Anderson Plug to rear
HID Genesis Lightforce Spotties
And all the usual rubbish from the dealer like bonnet and headlight protectors, floor mats and weathershields

New tyres, which I have to wait for
Probably going with the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's at this stage
Unless convinced otherwise on something better?

Also going to buy a new awning
Currently have the ARB one on the GU, but am thinking about getting either the Foxwing or Supapeg wrap around ones?

That should be a good start considering we wanted to keep this one relatively standard
Then we'll see what happens down the track hehehe

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Hmmm! I thought I was going crazy pics not there one minute and there the next, was it something I drank???? Look forward to seeing it with the gear on it.

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts
Marty, you won't be able to fit a flowing or subpages as the lift up back door sits about 300mm higher that the roof and as ugh you won't be able to pull the awning around with the back door open, or open the door with the awning open. I had a fox wing and sold it to buy a normal awning for my Y62

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
569 Posts
Even with the roof rack on?

Sent from my iPhone using the hunt and peck method of typing!

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts
Even with the roof rack on?

Sent from my iPhone using the hunt and peck method of typing!
Yes even with the roof rack on, remember the back door has the sun shield that sticks out above the window and when the rear for s open that sticks up quite a lot

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a horrible feeling that was going to be the case Spottie
Had the fingers crossed and was going to measure it up when it arrived, oh well, I'll just go the normal side one again

But on the plus side
I finally get to pick the new one up tomorrow arvo
Very excited!!!

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Patrol1.jpg

Patrol2.jpg

Patrol3.jpg

So I still don't have my new car :(

But it does exist, I have photos

Was supposed to get it yesterday arvo but the aircon stopped working when they were driving it for delivery
A sensor has spat the dummy, they think it was affected during the install of some of the aftermarket gear, and being the weekend they had no joy fixing it
But to their credit they worked on it over the weekend and did everything they could so certainly not upset with the yard
I just want my (wife's) new toy
So sometime this week it will/should be arriving

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh and please excuse the pathetic standard highway tyres
There is a bit of a wait for the new ones so will get them fitted when they arrive, which hopefully isn't before I get the car!!!

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's called "Deep Earth Brown" or something weird like that
Just hope we like it in the flesh!!! only seen it on the net and in photos

Is it just me or are the rims on the Y62 horrible?
I don't know what it is but I just don't like them, at all

But the wife says they are fine for now so I guess I will just have to learn to live with them for now

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
20 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it with the goods.....

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes it does
The tyres are already on order, just playing the waiting game. The plan was to have them fitted before delivery but thems the breaks
Few other minor bits and pieces to fit up before we think too much more on what we're going to do with it. But the plan has always been to leave this one family friendly and more of a tourer than a toy like the GU
I haven't had a chance to drive it much yet so hopefully get out on the weekend and put it thru it's paces, or at least put some kays on it!

On a bright note the wife was very disappointed with how quiet it was compared to my other V8's so has given the nod for an exhaust upgrade, god I love her
But she was not happy to hear that there was only single systems available and wants to wait until somebody develops a twin system for it, fingers crossed hahaha

Don't have any decent pics yet but these are a couple of quick ones I snapped at lunch on the phone

Patrol4.jpg

Patrol5.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts
It comes standard with a 3inch stainless exhaust system, so all I did was change out the big muffler and get a hi flow SS muffler put in, I also had the big resonator at the back changed to a hiflow unit, sounds very good now every one that hears it loves it and its not to loud to drone at highway speed. Nissan said its fine as long as I changed it from the Cats back, I also put in a K&N filter but had to order this from the US, cost of the Exhaustbwas $550

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I am still in love with this car
The more I drive it the more I love it

Patrols1.jpg

Patrols2.jpg

Patrols4.jpg

Patrols5.jpg

·