Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could any of our NZ colleagues help me out, if I rock over to the North Island up around the Bay of Islands, is there any good offshore fishing there at this time of year, (next month or so). Good time to go now due to the strong AU$.
Could you suggest any other places anywhere on the North Island to try as well? Will have to do some trade off's with the handbrake but that's OK.
Your help is much appreciated Guy's.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
I used to fish in The Marlborough Sound twenty years ago. Pretty good for Cod.
Don't know what it's like now. We had a Bach there and spent six weeks away at Xmas.
Only access was by boat. Bloody peaceful. Had a 'phone that could be switched off at the wall, open fire, outside dunny. Prehistoric but wonderful.

The Bay of Islands is a different kind of place. Never liked it much...too many touristy type people doing the same sort of touristy things.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
No fish left in the Marlbrough sounds mate, and they are in the south Island. If you can get out to the bay of islands you'll do alright. Have you searched the net, should be plenty of charters available.
Al

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No fish left in the Marlbrough sounds mate, and they are in the south Island. If you can get out to the bay of islands you'll do alright. Have you searched the net, should be plenty of charters available.
Al
Thanks Mate, I had heard of some good Snapper action out Bay of Islands, the idea was to get some feedback first then look up charters in the best area.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Most probably a little late in year for some big game, Marlin etc, but should be good snapper etc, anything North of the Bombays is a different world:p Kiwi joke they a different breed
Jaffa's = Just Another F'n Aucklander:D

Going back in May= DuckShooting:D:D:D

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
Going back in May= DuckShooting

Lucky Bugger! Where abouts?

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Bay of plenty & Waihi all the old spots where home use to be, grab me cuz and the shotties few days of entertainment

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Talk to dive shops as well mate...they often have contact details for skippers or charters services for taking people out.

Bay of Is is extremely renowned for it's diving and fishing etc...you should be spoilt for choice as to boats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts