Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folkses,

Just thought I'd introduce myself as I've lurked on this forum for a heck of a long time, but got around to registering today.

I'm based in South Africa, which is a little far away from everybody else, I guess. I drive a 4.5 GRX GU wagon.

A photo of my truck during my last trip to Namibia is attached.

image.jpg

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,160 Posts
Welcome mate, we have had a few members from SA over the years. Nice looking unit, tell us a bit about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GeeYouToo.

Not much to say about the truck really. Here in ZA we don't get all the aftermarket goodies that you guys get.

The truck is a 2001 4.5L GU. It's thirsty, but it gets me places. Not too many modifications:

Aftermarket front and rear bumpers (BZT - made locally here in ZA).
Decent rock sliders.
Bashplate,Transfer and front diff protector.
Warn winch.
Old Man Emu suspension upgrade.
It runs on 285/75R16 muddies.

I've done a bunch of trails with it, but use it mostly for camping and touring in Southern Africa. So it's kitted out with a drawer system, dual battery system, fridge, roof rack, roof top tent and awning. And I have two spare wheels on the carriers on the back bumper.

The neighbouring countries I've visited with it are Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana and Mozambique.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,713 Posts
Ah. Nice part of the world. I used to work at Nissan in Rosslyn, so I know the area. Used to go 4WD'ing at Hennops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts