Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have a GU 2003 a friend just gave me some skinnys they are 750x16 what size rims will fit the tyres (no splits) and can i find rims that fit my GU on other models like Navara . Thank you

·
Registered
2001 GU ST TD42t coil cab (gold)
4,058 Posts
I’m sure there was a narrow tubeless steel wheel for basic GU’s but not sure what model or if option. Don’t see them much though. The RB30 GQ came with skinny tubeless tyres and had a similar rim in white but good luck finding them these days. Most probably got dumped or used on old trailers etc as most people couldn’t wait to get rid of them. However some of the steel wheel makers should still be able to supply a narrow tubeless steel wheel. I think from memory they were a 6” rim. I believe the split rims might be 5.5” and I’m sure most manufacturers spec a 5.5 to 6” legal fitment.
Navara like all dual cabs and other IFS will be no good as their offset is too positive. Toyota had some chrome skinny steels but they will be getting very old now and offset could be too negative as they will be pre 80 series.

·
Registered
Nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m sure there was a narrow tubeless steel wheel for basic GU’s but not sure what model or if option. Don’t see them much though. The RB30 GQ came with skinny tubeless tyres and had a similar rim in white but good luck finding them these days. Most probably got dumped or used on old trailers etc as most people couldn’t wait to get rid of them. However some of the steel wheel makers should still be able to supply a narrow tubeless steel wheel. I think from memory they were a 6” rim. I believe the split rims might be 5.5” and I’m sure most manufacturers spec a 5.5 to 6” legal fitment.
Navara like all dual cabs and other IFS will be no good as their offset is too positive. Toyota had some chrome skinny steels but they will be getting very old now and offset could be too negative as they will be pre 80 series.
Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts