nissan patrol
817 Posts
i would pay $25g for it
its nice and tidy and it would cost a fortune to lengthen a chassis

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,092 Posts
not worth it. 15-20 maybe. but not 29! Get u GU for that.

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
i would love to know how that chassis lenghtening is done, how its legal and how it would hold up in a crash. that cant be good for anyone concerned IMO.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
I was thinking the same while flicking through them, that must be the good side!

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
i would love to know how that chassis lenghtening is done, how its legal and how it would hold up in a crash. that cant be good for anyone concerned IMO.

a qualified boilermaker can modify a chassis and suprisingly it would be quite a simple task for a boily. my old man has extended a toyota delta 4x4 with a floating axle to macth. just got to do it properly and it dosent make it any weaker. but there are ways you void a chassis if not done correctly.

·
Registered
nissan
59 Posts
Wish the dual cab was mine, but the turning circle would be really bad.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
I worked on a military project where we extended the wheelbases on unimogs and landrovers (perentie). the work we did at JRA involved replacing the box frame - not extending it.

the stuff you see in qld etc involves some very smart engineers, including coach-builder quality work

I've seen some pretty dodgey stuff as well.

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
yea, i've seen alot of dodgey stuff im my time (be it short). i guess thats the difference between a boiler maker with an engineer at hand and a panel beater with a tight arse boss at hand. i would love to take on a project like this, just for fun. i think i have the smarts to do it but wouldn't take much to make it a complete mess i suppose.

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
yea, i've seen alot of dodgey stuff im my time (be it short). i guess thats the difference between a boiler maker with an engineer at hand and a panel beater with a tight arse boss at hand. i would love to take on a project like this, just for fun. i think i have the smarts to do it but wouldn't take much to make it a complete mess i suppose.

would be a bit of fun but yeah quite easy to put a foot wrong. would be an awsome setup for a small business tradie.

·
Registered
nissan
539 Posts
$29k - I guess it's supply and demand. There aren't many tidy dual cabs with decent load area, and there are plenty of people who would want one.

Maybe if the new patrol had this body shape I might consider it...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts