Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i'd get some pics up of my Lwb TD4.2 Maverick.
This was my first 4wd

Anyway now i've ditched that for something not so easy to break and more capable.
Bought it about a month ago with 31"at's, 2" lift, Steel bullbar, driving lights and a UHF.
Got some 33" bighorns on white 15x8 wheels fitted up straight away.
Bought some rear drawers off another forum member.
Put some bunnings flares on it
Bought some 6" speakers for the rear and 6"splits for the front and a Alpine head unit which still finding time to leave it somewhere to get done.
When i get a chance il be taking to bullbar off and replacing it with a tube bar i've already bought, getting rid of the driving lights and putting some night stalker HIDs and a new white ariel.
This is how it looks at the moment.

The rear drawers with slide out table

The new bar to go on. Not sure to leave it that colour or plaint it black... Any thoughts??

The HID's that will go on with the new bar

In the future I wanna put in 3" lift (need some springs, got the rest of the kit at home ready to go in)
Snorkel (not sure stainless or the normal type)
See if i can fit some 35's for harder trips.
Take the sidesteps of and get some sliders
Take out the 2nd row of seats and make a floor for more storage
Dual batteries, winch, roof rack and ... Turbo it
:punkrock:

Hope to test it out on the tracks very soon.

Cheers Nick

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
will definitely be keeping an eye on this one! very similar to what i have in plan for mine.

Keep up the good work champ

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the comments guys.
Need some help now, With my tube bar... Paint it black or will the colour it is look good with my mav?
And also i wanna put a snorkle on, as im trying to do everything on a budget im thinking stainless with rubber bends? or a guy can make a stainless one welded together fitted for just over $400.
Any thoughts on this would be great as im not sure which way to go.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,092 Posts
great mav mate!

if it where my car, i would paint the tub bar black and make the snorkel all stainless and it would look sweet!

but anyway up to you.

good luck with it!

cheers Finchy

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
thanks for the comments guys.
Need some help now, With my tube bar... Paint it black or will the colour it is look good with my mav?
And also i wanna put a snorkle on, as im trying to do everything on a budget im thinking stainless with rubber bends? or a guy can make a stainless one welded together fitted for just over $400.
Any thoughts on this would be great as im not sure which way to go.

Cheers

Maybe its just me man but i think stainless looks tacky :/

i bought a safari one all the bits and pieces of ebay for 270, went to my local crash repair and they quoted me 60 bucks... total

=$330, and it was a great install perfectly water tight.

as for the bullbar, defiently get it powder coated black, will look 92347982367463 times better. :punkrock:

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, going black for the tube bar, not sure if i will powder coat or just spray it myself (depends on cost)
And with the snorkle... still no idea lol

·
Registered
nissan patrol
503 Posts
Go with a stainless steel Snorkel, worth the money spent, i went with an aftermarket one but if i could again i would go stainless steel

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Got the tube bar on and an Ariel.

Finally got to take it for a drive out to toolangi last night. Some tracks were super muddy and cut up but aeroplane which is normally muddy as, was pretty dry.
Had abit of trouble on aeroplane but managed to get up... then realised on the last track i'd been driving round in 2wd the whole night :oops:
Not used to having to lock the hubs in as the lux had a cool little button inside.
Once i actually put it in 4wd it munched its way through. Rides a **** load better than the hilux ever did.
Didn't get any pics but heres a couple how its looking atm. cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts