Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we often have people complain here about the poor quality of Nissan Dealers and service so I thought I would share this with you.
I apologise if you have already seen it.

snopes.com: Nissan Complaint Letter

This is really scary as it is true.

Cheers
Parry

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
At school we always learnt that in debating and letter writing the beginning and the final lines are the most important, keeping that in mind he couldnt of done a better job. "I sincerely hope you c#nts dont build planes" haha pure gold!

As for the contents, it lines up with every nissan complaint we have all read about on here. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
At school we always learnt that in debating and letter writing the beginning and the final lines are the most important, keeping that in mind he couldnt of done a better job. "I sincerely hope you c#nts dont build planes" haha pure gold!
Where I work we do build planes and the lead times for some fasteners has been a lot longer than that :eek:

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Thats a classic "Friday" letter if ever there was one...

It's only Thursday but i reckon I'll still be cackling tomorrow except for one thing... it's true of every mongrel spare parts department of every ring licking manufacturer of every piece of kit you have to deal with when cahsing parts from W.A.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
hey. . . he thinks a hose for $109 is bad. . . . you ring Nissan and say you want the booster for the clutch master cylinder.

in case you don't know what it is. . . . its roughly the size of a cricket ball, and bolts to your firewall, with the master cylinder on the other side of it. -all it is, is 2 pieces of mild steel, formed to a circle with one lip and pressed together with a diaphragm inside, it has 1 moving part, and 7 holes in it -5 of them have threads.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
It wasnt actually a part that was the problem as far as I am aware but the resonance of the particular thrust level allowed by the software that was only activated by qantas. still within the engines operating parameters tho.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Neville Green left Nissan I reckon about 18 years ago (I had many a drink with him) so that gives you some idea of the age of this.
It's pretty much garbage anyway as even back then they air freighted stuff to Perth every week day and even back then most parts ex Japan were two weeks away.
Maybe some dealer he was dealing with was rooting him around but thats a different story.
Urban Myth me thinks.

·
Registered
Nissan
797 Posts
Nissan seems to have transferred the persons responsible to my country and given them all fat promotions.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
47 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think the Civilian bus is jap import not normally sold here.That being the case Nissan probably aren't really interested in the spares for them. I work at a Kubota tractor dealership and Kubota Australia only bring in spares for models sold here, not for overseas models privately imported.Could be the same thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts