Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu3
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's I went the the Horsham Nissan & Mazda dealership to buy some parts for my ZD-30 di Patrol. First I asked for the top rubber union that fits the intercooler. Price quoted $249 including GST. I bought the same exact part with clamps in the plumbing section at the local hardware store for $6.75 including GST. Fitted & working perfectly.

Second item I asked for was a new set off gas struts for the bonnet, price at Nissan dealership $200 each or $400 a pair including GST. I haven't done anything yet about these struts but I'm no mug! I'm using a tree picket to hold up the bonnet at the moment.

How can they expect to get away with this price gouging. :roll:

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Old news I'm afraid. I never get parts from Nissan now I've found a place to source MAFs from.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,995 Posts
Nothing new there mate. Nissan prices are ridiculous.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
We have all been down this road at one time or another, but here on Patrol4x4.com we have our own Nissan parts dealer in the form of Nizzbits (Garry), this is where I buy the genuine parts I need (I wouldn't buy an eBay MAF if my life depended on it, seen to many dodgy ones and one day your life might depend on it), I haven't bought anything from a Nissan Dealership in years. But remember where eBay is concerned you still only get what you pay for and the poor man pays twice.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
I have also bought of Nizzbits, a couple of times, he is the man to go to for Nissan parts. Brand new in the box GU ally rim, $600 per rim less than Nissan themselves.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
699 Posts
It could be a bit hit and miss. I just picked up 2 genuine air filters for my rig from Nissan for $32 each and no postage costs on top of that.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,995 Posts
+1 for Nizzbits. Good service and price.

Reactions: ST391GQ

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu3
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not promoting Nissan suppliers, just the opposite. How dare they charge $249 for a part that sells in a hardware store for $6.75 cents. I mean HOW DARE they do this, it's got to be illegal?

No offense intended to any member here on patrol4x4, this is my personal opinion. Personally I like to be taken out to dinner & a dance before they F$#@ me!

·
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
And we are all aware of what you posted mate, it is nothing new to us here. No, it's no illegal, we live on supply and demand.

They will just say the demand warrants it and you can do nothing. The gov't will back them as they, and any business, will tell you that inventory costs is one of the biggest factors in managing a business.

So to keep it all on hand (lower cost through bulk shipping) is not cost effective as there are higher overheads for warehousing, warehouse people etc etc.

Is that the specific reason, no idea, but it would not be far off the truth. You see the same thing with all car makers, and same markup percentages at Hardly Normal, Myers etc etc.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu3
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And we are all aware of what you posted mate, it is nothing new to us here. No, it's no illegal, we live on supply and demand.
Well, the internet will ultimately murder them from a trade point of view!
They will realizes this all too late. By the way yesterday here in Australia, China signed a free trade agreement. If I was Nissin, I'd be very scared right now.

·
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
lol, well there rarely get any business from the members of this internet forum now, that is for sure. ;)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts

They will just say the demand warrants it and you can do nothing. The gov't will back them as they, and any business, will tell you that inventory costs is one of the biggest factors in managing a business.

So to keep it all on hand (lower cost through bulk shipping) is not cost effective as there are higher overheads for warehousing, warehouse people etc etc.

Is that the specific reason, no idea, but it would not be far off the truth. You see the same thing with all car makers, and same markup percentages at Hardly Normal, Myers etc etc.
A mate of mine who works for an exotic brand dealership was recently saying how they were bypassing the EU supply chain (who were marking up prices on certain spares by 700%) through the UK at greatly reduced prices.

But as we have said this is nothing new, and people will and are learning to avoid paying these prices like the plague.

·
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
I went to a company called COV's in Perth (was Coventrys when I was a kid).

Two Monroe Maxi Shocks and 60 bucks later my bonnet when up by it self with only a little bit of finger assist.

These replaced the 2 for $18 I got off ebay that were crap and lasted no time at all.

Moral, get quality first time, you wont regret it.

Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
Doing It My Way
nissan
1,774 Posts
Db, not everything on ebay is chit, like everyone I've bought good and bad from eBay, that's why I mentioned two companies that I've previously bought gas struts from with good results, so when he's searching ebay and see's 25 different sellers he will have someone's testimonial instead of buying blind, which always sux.

·
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
Db, not everything on ebay is chit, like everyone I've bought good and bad from eBay, that's why I mentioned two companies that I've previously bought gas struts from with good results, so when he's searching ebay and see's 25 different sellers he will have someone's testimonial instead of buying blind, which always sux.
I understand that and have bought many things from ebay over the years, just got a dud set and rather than feck around I went to covs, they worked great, warrantee is just around the corner etc etc and not an outrageous price (see them advertised at the time for 120-160).

That is all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts